Newcastle All Breeds Dog Training Club

Just wondering if anyone is involved in this club and what it is like and if you enjoy it. I am thinking about maybe joining later in the year, but am a bit hesitant as I really didn't like the last Club I joined too much.

:happydance2:

I used to be a member, my mum was a trainer there and we were members for over ten years. Later on we moved to the hunter valley and it was abit far to go, it was at this time we also got into showing so just fell out of it all togther.

We used to have a great time and most people there were excellent!

I know FionaC who has 2 x Gsps goes there still I think...Im sure she will find this thread and tell you more about it.

Yup we are members .... have been since last year as its nice and close for us (about 10 minutes from home) ... we have had some great times there - our 2 boys do Obedience there and the older boy also does Agility there too ...

Its a big club, I was really surprised at the number of dogs/owners there (especially in the warmer months and on enrollment days) - lots of dogs all shapes and sizes too ... we've met some really lovely people through there ...

We have just started our pup in classes so I am going from the bottom again which is a lot of fun the 2nd time around ....

Enrollments are the 1st Sunday of the month with classes every Sunday morning from 10am .... its $3 a week for class - and they have 3 sessions each week on a Sunday morning - usually half hour each - we usually only do 1-2 sessions as the boys get bored if we do longer ... trainers are volunteers and they run 2-3 Obedience trials/year (there is on at the end of May) and 2 Agility trials/year - the grounds are great, plenty of room, nice and flat, lots of parking and space too ....

Thanks! :laugh:

The sessions sound good. Part of the problem with the other one was that classes would go for 2 -3 hours and Hamish would get too bored and then disobedient.

Edited by Cat

No worries - as I said we pick and choose how long we stay for .. and if you've done Obedience classes before you can ask to be assessed to start at a higher level .. they also do Wed evening classes once you're at a certain level too - that's an hour long with more off lead and trialing based work preparation

Come check it out one Sunday morning ... we won't be there this weekend (the OH's birthday) and its not on next weekend due to the Obedience trial but we'll be back there the first weekend in June ... if you want to say hi just look for me on the field with the 6mth old solid liver GSP puppy - should be easy to spot there are only 3 GSP's there at the moment and 2 are our's - and the 3rd is the litter sister of our pup ....

Edited by FionaC