Changing To A Raw Or More Natural Way Of Feeding

Oh, I also meant to mention that in the last couple of years they have also found that some foods cross react with some atopic allergies, an example being apples cross reacting for those allergic to birch pollens. If you do a google you can normally find the list and they can then be added into the re-challenge on a food elimination.

Hi Rat,

I haven't found any good websites for dogs yet, a very good book which also mentions the thermal qualities of food would be "Four Paws Five Directions" by Cheryl Schwartz. Hope that helps!

Dagmar

I feed raw goat bones...nice and soft so they can eat the entire bone with all the goodies. Its also quite low in fat which is an issue with Brooklyn as poor boy is always on a diet! My BC Jasper is not great with lamb....gives him the runs. I also get a kilo of whole frozen Albany sardines from the fish supply for $10, keep them frozen and give one a day or a couple in training....make great treats you can throw. They get yogurt, fish oil, Emu oil when I get a supply (its expensive), Sasha's blend, pulped fruit and veg and goat meat or chicken mince from Leonards (whole ground carcass so lots of bone in there) Don't forget offal every so often...whatever is on special but I don't feed any beef. If you can get them, they love chicken feet! Some butchers who cater for Asian cuisine supply them. Turkey necks are huge and make for an entire meal depending on the size of your dog.

I was thinking of changing my boy over to a more natural way of eating to see if it helps his allergies at all, I am not sure what the best way to go about it is, do you go half meat half kibble for awhile or do you just bite the bullet and start feeding only raw? What I am looking at feeding him will be a variety of meats and some bones ( have to be careful as some bones make him sick) and then veges to go with that.

Would just like to hear others experiences :thumbsup: