Aunties Dog, Trembling A Lot, Fearful, Some Vomiting

That's great news. When Sascha first went on medication, it was like I had a puppy again, a 6 year old dog running around like she was 6 months old :) I used to give the tablets in a bit of cheese, or sausage initially, you learn to give the tablets, and they learn to take them as well if your aunt doesn't want to give it in food. I stand behind them so they can't back away from me easily, put my hand under the jaw and tilt the head upwards, at the same time holding the mouth open, then with the other hand put the tablet as far back near the throat as I can, close the mouth and hold it shut until they swallow, and they have to swallow eventually. Probably not the best or most graceful way to do it, but it works.

Yep, she seems pretty happy. :rofl: That is how I do the tablets as well. Same for the cats.

I went around tonight and gave the tablet. I put it in a tiny cube of chicken loaf. She didn't even notice. I think she will be fine. My auntie always complains that she is a fussy eater, but I think she puts it over them a bit. :laugh: When we had her as a baby until she was 10 weeks old, she ate everything that was given to her and a lot of variety. They seem to have a lot of trouble giving her worm tabs, but these tablets are a lot smaller and she only has half at a time, so I think they should be okay.

She is only 3yo, but yes, I must admit, when we got her home from the hospital she was very happy and very playful. We are just so relieved that she is so much better because to tell the truth, I really did think she may not make it.

The photo below has Daisy as a puppy. She is the darkest coloured one on the right of the photo. :cry:

100_2452-1.jpg

Edited by sumosmum

thank goodness :laugh:

So she ended up in IC - where she should have been in the first place if they'd done their job correctly. It's amazing how quickly they turn around when they are properly treated isn't it? I've dealt with these diseases for the last 3 years now, and it never ceases to surprise me.

Your Aunty and Uncle will become more confident in dealing with the meds etc as they go along. It's still so new and overwhelming for them - very hard to get your head around. Once they get into a routine, knowing what they have to do - and what they need to monitor and symptoms to look out for - it will just become second nature to them (like it has for us).

It can be very intimidating at first - especially Addisons - it is much more dangerous than Cushings. But we all learn more as we go along.

They are lucky they have you for support - and you will be able to research anything they do not understand and help them along with it, so they understand what is happening when certain symptoms present, and how crucial they are.

Daisy is a very lucky girl - very lucky to have survived, and very lucky to have such a caring extended family :p

Wishing her continued good health ;)