Pooch Has Her Own Guide Dog

love-my-dog

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/...-guide-dog.html

Pooch has her own guide dog

Guide dog ... Leo looks after Ellie

A BLIND dog has got her very own dog LEAD - a guide dog named Leo.

King Charles Spaniel Ellie has cataracts and can only see shadows.

But best pal Leo, a German Shepherd, understands her plight and has started taking her everywhere with him - even fending off any unwanted attention from other mutts.

Owner Julie Lander said: "I take them for walks in the park and Leo guides Ellie around.

"He is so protective and herds the more boisterous dogs away from her."

Julie, from Oldham, is trying to raise £2,500 so vets can operate and restore her sight.

She was one of a litter of five puppies rescued by RSPCA inspectors.

Julie, an RSPCA volunteer, said: "As well as having cataracts, Ellie's eye muscles haven't developed as they should because she'd been kept in the dark.

"The puppies had no light or heating. I felt so sorry for her when she arrived here and knew she'd need a special home.

"But I also knew she would be all right with Leo as he just loves little dogs and they took to one another straight away."

Jean Spencer, manager of the Rochdale RSPCA shelter, said: "Leo has become her eyes. It's touching to watch them together - she follows him around and snuggles up to him."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/...l#ixzz0owEdCZ3y

Aaaaww, sweet. They're such gorgeous dogs!

Anyone see the "Related story" on that web page about the guide dog who died of cancer? :o

Yes.

Although it is a lovely story and shows the undying love and devotion our canine friends give us it has such a sad ending. :)