Pig In Mud

Kirislin

Has anyone attempted to make their own?

I have been thinking that i might be easier for me. My door is 2600mm high. Even the 'tall' version only goes to 2450mm so i would have to buy 3 of the 60mm extensions to make it fit. And i have only see the extensions available for purchase at 1 place and they are about $100 each! So a $300 door (have seen them on ebay for that) becomes $600.

Sure a home made version wouldnt have the nice clear window in it. But if i can wack one together for $150 myself i think i can live with a solid panel down the middle of my doors.

Yes Nushie my cousin made theirs :) It wasnt glass as you said , made from timber, with a flap in the bottom and a lock moved to the side, the same as these.

I had never seen one like it before, when we went there , but being a builder he whipped it together really easy. Looks simple and I will get one done here one day LOL.

And I'm sure you could make one up pretty cheaply :rofl:

Yes Nushie my cousin made theirs :rofl: It wasnt glass as you said , made from timber, with a flap in the bottom and a lock moved to the side, the same as these.

I had never seen one like it before, when we went there , but being a builder he whipped it together really easy. Looks simple and I will get one done here one day LOL.

And I'm sure you could make one up pretty cheaply :thumbsup:

Thanks! I was thinking of finding a handyman in my area to knock it together as i am not all that great with tools :)

Hi nushie, real easy to make one, basic handyman would be able to do it, a few bits of timber offcuts are all that are needed, very cheap to do. We had one my OH made until the door became a bit small for her. OH didnt have time to make another as he is building new house atm! does cut out a fair bit of light though compared to the bought one. We did use perspex for the flap and that helped.

Hi nushie, real easy to make one, basic handyman would be able to do it, a few bits of timber offcuts are all that are needed, very cheap to do. We had one my OH made until the door became a bit small for her. OH didnt have time to make another as he is building new house atm! does cut out a fair bit of light though compared to the bought one. We did use perspex for the flap and that helped.

there is a ebay seller in coffs that sells a cheaper version for around $180- , i got one $60- courier , only drawback is it needs to be cut off as it is too long [ no big deal], i bought the extension for $12 just incase i cut too much , may be worth a look

masonite[sp] with aluminum round the edges

Im not too worried about the light as that entire wall is glass, floor to ceiling and about 6m across the room. But yeah, i think that will be my plan.

there is a ebay seller in coffs that sells a cheaper version for around $180- , i got one $60- courier , only drawback is it needs to be cut off as it is too long [ no big deal], i bought the extension for $12 just incase i cut too much , may be worth a look

masonite[sp] with aluminum round the edges

I have actually seen them on ebay but again the doors arent big enough even with the extension. "Extensions for doors taller than 212 cm need to be custom made . Total cost , if ordered together with the Portable pet door is $60.00" so it works out to be $300 which would be fine, but seeing as it doesnt have the clear panels. I htought I may as well see how much it costs to get a handyman to put one together for me maybe he can also work out a good way to secure it for me as well :rofl:

But they are really cheap and if i had a standard door, that would be the way i would go.