Immune Boosting Supplements For Dog With Kenenl Cough

Just wanted any ideas for supplements for dog with kennel cough? Just to boost the immune system. Want relatively safe, mild side affect, would consisder natural, herbal remedies. She 14yrs old

If she is 14 years old, make sure you have her checked by the vet regularly as her immune system will not be as good as that of a younger dog and she could develop pneumonia as a result to KC.

Some people add chopped fresh garlic to their dog's diet (1 clove per 40 lbs).

If she was my dog, to further boost her immune system I would use a combination of Australian Bush Flower Essences, they work very gentle, effective and have no side effects at all.

Dagmar

Try:

Silver Coloid - ava at most health food shops - syringe about 30 mls a day down throat.

Oxygen drops - ava online - amazing

Spirulina - an everyday thing - powder or tablet

K-9 Immunity - capsules - ava in Aus from dogcancer.net

Transfer Factor - Capsules - ava online

Maritime Pine Bark Extract - ava Robert McDowell's online - they have alot of different remedy's ava - but you can also speak to them and they will put something together for your specific dog as well. They are great to deal with.

Our old boy went in for bloat surgery several months ago and wasn't recovering at the vets - I finally insisted that he was given Coloid and Oxygen drops, he was home 24 hrs later to die as the vets thought - he then went onto the Maritime, Transfer Factor and K-9 Immunity as well - it took about 4 days to get him to eat properly but once his system started to bounce back he was fine - he's doing really well now, probably better than b4.

Good luck with your girl.

*Love the bush flower ess as well.

Try:

Silver Coloid - ava at most health food shops - syringe about 30 mls a day down throat.

Oxygen drops - ava online - amazing

Spirulina - an everyday thing - powder or tablet

K-9 Immunity - capsules - ava in Aus from dogcancer.net

Transfer Factor - Capsules - ava online

Maritime Pine Bark Extract - ava Robert McDowell's online - they have alot of different remedy's ava - but you can also speak to them and they will put something together for your specific dog as well. They are great to deal with.

Our old boy went in for bloat surgery several months ago and wasn't recovering at the vets - I finally insisted that he was given Coloid and Oxygen drops, he was home 24 hrs later to die as the vets thought - he then went onto the Maritime, Transfer Factor and K-9 Immunity as well - it took about 4 days to get him to eat properly but once his system started to bounce back he was fine - he's doing really well now, probably better than b4.

Good luck with your girl.

*Love the bush flower ess as well.

Thanks

She incrediably healthy considering, and tough old thing,-she survived eatting a mouse that ate rat bait when she was 2 1/2yrs old, and still going strong,vet said heart and lungs were clear.

this vet didn't even believe me at 1st when i said she had this funny hacking cough every now and then. It taken 3 different veterinary clinic before we finally got a diagnose as the dose of kennel cough she got such a low dose of it. I suspected it for a while now, but because she wouldn't cough when any vet rubbed her throat-no one could diagnose it.

I suspected it for a while now, but because she wouldn't cough when any vet rubbed her throat-no one could diagnose it.

Hi Encouraging .... how long is a "while" ? If it is cough, it shouldn't be going on for too long, especially if it is only a mild case. My boy picked up canine cough (mild dose) when he was a pup. Coughing gone within 24 hours and he was back to bouncing within 48 hours.

I suspected it for a while now, but because she wouldn't cough when any vet rubbed her throat-no one could diagnose it.

Hi Encouraging .... how long is a "while" ? If it is cough, it shouldn't be going on for too long, especially if it is only a mild case. My boy picked up canine cough (mild dose) when he was a pup. Coughing gone within 24 hours and he was back to bouncing within 48 hours.

Started of as occassion hacking gag-around the time i met a rescue boxer pup that owner said he had recovered from the virus, and every vet i saw thought it was environmental factor-allergies, as the test to diagnose wouldn't work-aka rub the throat and nothing-so no vet believe me that when i said she had a hacking cough, and even told numerous vets that i suspected kennel cough, the cough gradual increase to a couple of times a month, and now it about every few weeks-but she would not cough on walks, not cough while eating, no change in appedite or behaviour as i said before we tried 3 or 4 veterinary clinics to try and get a diagnose. She an ox-stubburn little mite, but i heard of kennel cough and thought her cough was very similar sounding, however it was very infrequenty compaired to the kennel cough i had heard. Trying to get vets believe you though is a challenge and half-are they really going to believe a 24yr old with no prior veterinary trainning, when they had years of experience above you? Finnaly convince this vet, and got a reaction from the dog which finally proved i was right all along. Not exactly sure of the timeframe when i 1st notice her cough

she got medication-doxycyclin 100mg- 1tablet twice daily for 2 days, then 1 tablet once daily(about 12tablets), and if this doesn't work, i be seeking a second opinion, there another farm vet in the area. She still bouncing around and was ridiculously silly, she was acting like a pup yesterday coming home from the vets.

Edited by encouraging_angels

Started of as occassion hacking gag-around the time i met a rescue boxer pup that owner said he had recovered from the virus, and every vet i saw thought it was environmental factor-allergies, as the test to diagnose wouldn't work-aka rub the throat and nothing-so no vet believe me that when i said she had a hacking cough, and even told numerous vets that i suspected kennel cough, the cough gradual increase to a couple of times a month, and now it about every few weeks-but she would not cough on walks, not cough while eating, no change in appedite or behaviour as i said before we tried 3 or 4 veterinary clinics to try and get a diagnose. She an ox-stubburn little mite, but i heard of kennel cough and thought her cough was very similar sounding, however it was very infrequenty compaired to the kennel cough i had heard. Trying to get vets believe you though is a challenge and half-are they really going to believe a 24yr old with no prior veterinary trainning, when they had years of experience above you? Finnaly convince this vet, and got a reaction from the dog which finally proved i was right all along. Not exactly sure of the timeframe when i 1st notice her cough

she got medication-doxycyclin 100mg- 1tablet twice daily for 2 days, then 1 tablet once daily(about 12tablets), and if this doesn't work, i be seeking a second opinion, there another farm vet in the area. She still bouncing around and was ridiculously silly, she was acting like a pup yesterday coming home from the vets.

Yes, I know, it can be hard at times. Not doubting the diagnose, what can happen in older dogs sometimes is also that the soft palate kind of drops down (not sure how to describe it better), then the dog also coughs and makes those hacking sounds. My Julie has this, it happens all of a sudden. She had KC as we adopted her 3 years ago, sounds pretty similar, only that bronchitic kind of coughing is missing.

Strengthening the immune system will definitely be a good thing in an older dog.