What Size Crate Should I Get For My Puppy?

heroeswit

I'm getting a white shepherd and I don't know what size. I have been looking at crate after crate and I have decided I have no clue. :)

I like the look of the soft crates but I'm not sure how they would go being outside on our verandah cause our dogs aren't allowed inside. I'm also looking at the metal wire crates.

the wire crates that I'm looking at come in the following sizes:

Small 62cm x 45cm x 52cm

Medium 76cm x 53cm x 60cm

Large 90cm x 60cm x 67cm

Large 109cm x 72cm x 82cm

XX-Large 120cm x 75cm x 83cm

there were so many different sizings of the soft crates I don't know what size/ style would be ok.

I just want to ask what is the sort you would recommend it will mainly be used as a bed I have a small car seat carrier for a medium sized dog for the pup until the dog gets older and then she will will be harnessed in the back seat.

any suggestions would be great

Danika

If it was me I would get the xxl as you puppy will grow into it quickly.

I have these for mine including the boxer and they love there grates.

I cover mine with a tarpe to keep out the cold but you can also get proper covers for the wire crates.

you might like to get a smaller igloo type bed to put inside it while your pup is small to give it a warm little cave.

I use the large square shade cloth type matress in mine and the dogs have not damaged them at all.

I would also not use a soft crate for a puppy as it will propably destroy it, once he is grown they are good for travel or indoors.

I have one of the soft crates for my ACD and it does really well.

I was worried that it wouldn't be tough enough to withstand her scratching at it, but it has been SUPER.

She loves it as I can open and close windows etc in it, and I can fold it up and take it places.

Mine is indoors though.