Tick Warning

Please remember if you are in a Tick area that ticks can be around all year. Friends dog was found not being able to walk properly yesterday took him to the vet. He thought it was some kind of spider or snake bite. Gave him two injections, told the owners take him home keep him inside and warm and if now improvment bring him back in the morning. When my friend ran me lat night to tell me what had happen i told her to check all over for a tick. She had checked already hadnt found anything and vet had said he didnt think it was a tick. Dog had no improvment went a bit more down hill, went back to the vet and they found a tick. Please keep him in your thoughts he is a beautiful boy an Australian champion and is not in a good way at all.

I pulled three out of my daughters scalp and one from her chest on the weekend. Poor thing is allergic, they've all swelled up and are weeping. On the funny side I showed a friend yesterday and told her that Miss 5 had a third nipple. It was funny watching her be polite but quietly horrified. :eek:

I pulled three out of my daughters scalp and one from her chest on the weekend. Poor thing is allergic, they've all swelled up and are weeping. On the funny side I showed a friend yesterday and told her that Miss 5 had a third nipple. It was funny watching her be polite but quietly horrified. :laugh:

Clyde, are there any symptoms when the kids get them? We live on acreage with bushland, and I've never checked the kids, only the dogs. Poor girl, hope she gets over it soon. My youngest is allergic to dust mites, and hair lice, so I'm assuming with the whole "mite" thing that he will be allergic to ticks also.

B.T.W. that was cruel ;) ....but funny :eek:

She just gets itchy, then the site swells and becomes sore. It then goes every colour of the rainbow to about one inch either side of the bite site. It takes about 16 days to settle down completely and about 7 days for the site to stop weeping. It does worry me though as each time her reaction seems a little worse. It doesn't seem to affect her any other way though.

Your kids will usually just get itchy before anything else.

I know how you feel with the dust mites. I had that allergy as a child and pretty much snorted and sniffed my way through childhood. I still remember being told I couldn't sleep with my teddy anymore - Oh the horror, I'm still scarred :laugh:

Edited by Clyde