Neuter Classes At Shows In Sydney

As a follow on from previous thread I am very excited to advise that the DogsNSW PR Committee have agreed, following a request from me, to hold Classes 18 and 18a at the Christmas Show. :p :D :rofl:

I know this is a long way in advance, but it's a busy time of the year for most people, and if ever there was a good chance to pursuade someone you know with a desexed Main Register dog that showing would be a good thing, this is it. Anyone who has been to the Christmas Show (Date I think is 18th December, 2010) will know that it is lots of fun for adults and kids alike, with a visit from Santa on the Husky drawn sleigh with pressies for kids, prizes for best decorated gazebos and heaps more.

I've offered to donate towards the cost of prizes/sashes, would be great if anyone else would care to do so as well. PM me for contact details if you feel so inclined.

As a follow on from previous thread I am very excited to advise that the DogsNSW PR Committee have agreed, following a request from me, to hold Classes 18 and 18a at the Christmas Show. :laugh::laugh::rofl:

That's lovely - well done! Dogs NSW have always had a neuter class at their Christmas show up until a year or two ago, when they stopped it, who knows why.....

I won Neuter BIS at the Christmas Show once with my Border Terrier bitch back in 2005 which was a great thrill for me, but without putting too much of a downer on it, the show committee omitted to have any prizes or sponsors product or anything for the neuter winner, either in Group or in Show....they rather sheepishly put together a cardboard box with some shampoo and a bottle of wine (left over from the judges' dinner??!) in there when it was obvious what had happened after they'd handed out all the In Show awards, but quite honestly it was badly organised. The following year my same bitch won Neuter in Group again and when they couldn't come up with anything in the way of prizes AGAIN for the second year in a row, I gave up and went home :o

Funnily enough I was called a "trophy hunter" when I complained about it on another list :) but if you're going to include the class then for heaven's sake do it right! It wasn't a question of prizes, but one of acknowledgement in the way that every other prize-winning dog on the grounds that night was acknowledged! I'd paid my entry fees just like anyone else, and went home feeling slightly annoyed about the whole thing! Luckily Lexi couldn't give a damn, she just enjoyed her evening's showing :o

*edited to get the facts right!

Edited by toshman

As a follow on from previous thread I am very excited to advise that the DogsNSW PR Committee have agreed, following a request from me, to hold Classes 18 and 18a at the Christmas Show. :rofl: ;) :eek:

That's lovely - well done! Dogs NSW have always had a neuter class at their Christmas show up until a year or two ago, when they stopped it, who knows why.....

I won Neuter BIS at the Christmas Show twice with my Border Terrier bitch back around 2005/2006 which was a great thrill for me, but without putting too much of a downer on it, BOTH TIMES the show committee omitted to have any prizes or sponsors product or anything for the neuter winner....the second time, they rather sheepishly put together a cardboard box with some shampoo and a bottle of wine (left over from the judges' dinner??!) in there when it was obvious what had happened, but quite honestly it was badly organised and enough to put me off entering again the following year. The first year they didn't even have a prize for Neuter In Group.

Funnily enough I was called a "trophy hunter" when I complained about it on another list ;) but if you're going to include the class then for heaven's sake do it right! It wasn't a question of prizes, but one of acknowledgement in the way that every other prize-winning dog on the grounds that night was acknowledged! Luckily Lexi couldn't give a damn, she just enjoyed her evening's showing ;)

Thats really sad that there was no prize and the reaction to a genuien complaint. Our girl won Neuter in Group at Albury last year and got a set of plastic boxes of various sixes. They have come in very useful for bait and the clippers etc. :D :D