Scared Of Making The Same Mistakes

Henrietta

You 'll make some mistakes along the way but that is part of the learning process as long as you get the important stuff right you'll be okay and it sounds like you aleady have learn't from previous mistakes. We all never stop learning and DOL is a great site for sharing information and learning. Our dogs can teach us alot too. The fact that you are taking time to consider everything and have worked so hard with your other dog shows to me that you will be an awesome owner. Even parents don't always get it right with kids but provided they are trying it usually works out in the end, same with our dogs.

Each dog is a different personality too, even within the same breed so they are all abit different when it comes to learning, behaving etc, so you adjust accordingly and find the best way to teach what you want. Try to vary the socialization situations as much as possiable, I find that my dog responds slightly differently in different situations. ie laid back at a dog show and wanting to strut her stuff, hypedup and reactive(barking wise) at agility, sooky and wanting cuddles from everyone at the royal, reserved with strangers on first meeting them away from these situations, loves kids always, abit nervous of other unknown dogs outside of the show situation, especially really large ones (DOL meets have improved this alot though).