Bleeding Tip Of Tail

My latest foster boy, a 5yo PB Lab, has damaged the tip of his tail somehow - probably through wagging it very hard and bashing it. It's bleeding enough to mark the walls, floor and furniture. Not pools of blood, but sometimes a bit of splatter as he wags. We've only worked out it's him this morning, but first noticed some blood yesterday morning.

It's the very tip, and hard to see an actual sore.

Does anyone have ideas or experience on how to bandage that spot, or wash it in something to clean the wound?

The other dogs are helping to clean up, I'm not sure how long a bandage would last.

Thanks

My boy does the same - he's a Rhodesian Ridgeback, so has very little hair protection to his skinny, bony tail. I have blood splatters everywhere and I know the work involved in cleaning it up!!

Try taping on a hair roller to the end of your dog's tail. You might want to spray the roller with a stop-chew product first and hopefully that will be enough to have it left in place whilst the tail heals. The roller allows the air to get to the wound but also protects the tail while it heals.

He's certainly a happy boy! He's managed to splatter up almost every wall and piece of furniture we have!

I've washed it in salt water, dried it as much as I could and he's suffering a toilet roll and sock construction that may not last long, but best I can do for now.

It's just the last 5mm or so tip of his tail, looks red raw, can't believe how much blood comes out of it!