Thanks Fur Kids!

Apart from the breed sub forums I seem to only write here when my dogs are being naughty so I thought I should show that I REALLY appreciate the fact that they don't bark at thunder.

I would be interested in hearing the great things your dogs trained themselves to do. :)

Edited by Beny

Well I'm not sure about them training themselves. I think most good behaviours come from good habits and general training from an early age.

I love that I can go to work and leave all of mine inside and come home to no damage, they just sleep the hours away, on a side note they were a little destructive as pups inside but they grew out of it. :)

You are right we do tend to post a lot of negative stuff, so I love the positive threads where we can post about all the good things. :eek:

I could spend all day posting about the good things my guys do, I love it that they are very cruisy and just go with the flow!

I love that Genevieve sits and waits to be invited on to the couch. She used to jump up uninvited, and she would be shooed off. Now, she just sits and looks at me, until she hears the magic word!

Of late, because it has been cold (I work nights), I will come home from work and have a nap on the floor (where our heating ducts are). She will come and snuggle in with me and have a nap too, usually without annoying me first. I like that time :noidea:

Brennan is not food aggressive, not even with bones. I have watched another dog take her bone from her and she not only lets the dog do it, but she watches the dog eat it with not a shred of aggression.

She also is really good at ''leave it'' with food...I can rest assured she will not touch my food if she has been told to leave it.

My girl has never (touch wood) ever touched my washing on the washing line. It flaps so appealingly, and looks rather like a bite rag. I can't believe that she has never decided to rip it up, but so far, it has remained untouched.

Thanks puppy!

when I come home from night shift my sibs are sooooo excited to see me they bounce and say goodmorning in their own special way then after a shower and I go to bed they snuggle up next to me sound asleep. I love it how they go from excited to the best hot water bottles in minutes.

and when Nanny (my mum) comes my boy has learnt to open the door for her all by himself. When friends come around and sit on thier lounge they just sit in front of the visitors and give them that look, you know the one "Your in my seat and for you punishment you must scratch me"

Hi Beny, thanks for starting a good post. I was thinking of this for a while.

I have 1 mini Schnauzer and 1 s/tzu boys and they 2.5 and 3. Well they toilet on command and completely reliable in that department. They are not destructive in and around house. They play fight but never got serious. They can be left alone in the house by themselves for several hours and nothing happens. (I do not a have flap door) My mini is very good with other dogs and my s/tzu is wonderful with children. They are very quick to learn tricks (but unfortunately lazy owners). They are healthy.

And most of all.....

They love me........that's good enough for me. :laugh:

Hachna