Ratsak

By the time you have a prolonged Activated Clotting Time (ACT) you are already in deep deep trouble.

this stuff is designed to kill, and that's exactly what it does.

The best treatment is getting the dog to the vet ASAP, worst case scenario, vomiting is induced and no traces of poison found..and then you can go home and stop worrying about it.

Once this stuff starts to work in the way it is designed to you're in BIG trouble.

Excellent advice. My boy's ACT was just slightly below normal but vet and I were concerned enough to inject Vit K in 5 different areas of his body...poor boy, and put him on a course of tablets. Inducing vomiting wasn't possible as approxmately 24 hours had passed by the time I found the half empty thow pack of rat poison. In the meantime he'd eaten two meals. His next ACT 3 weeks plus 48 hours after he'd finished the course of tablets was perfect. He had to be kept very quiet while on the tablets. I couldn't walk him in case of causing capilaries to bleed. I think we dodged a bullet.

Good for you Samoyedman for taking your dog to the vet. Safer than waiting for symptoms.