Mr Sore Paw

Loraine

He started hobbling on three legs :rofl: He was holding his right rear leg tucked up to his tummy. I looked all over this foot, knee, hip, back etc., thought it might be a pulled muscle and found nothing. Took him to the vet after watching him for about 45 minutes. She found a bee sting in his paw :eek: . From the look he gave me I knew he thought I had not done a good job of checking him over :)

Poor Zedley.. he isn't allergic to bees is he?

Bad mummy :)

You should see the looks Charlie gives me when I don't dry him quick enough when he gets wet..

I don't think he is allergic, but the vet gave him an antihistamine shot to be on the safe side. Golly these dogs turn out to be really bullies, don't they? :rofl:

Poor Zedley.. he isn't allergic to bees is he?

Bad mummy :)

You should see the looks Charlie gives me when I don't dry him quick enough when he gets wet..

I don't think he is allergic, but the vet gave him an antihistamine shot to be on the safe side. Golly these dogs turn out to be really bullies, don't they? :rofl:

You have no idea... i stepped on Emmy's paw and you should hear and see how she carried on... i'm surprised my neighbours hasn't called the RSPCA or something.. it was all cured once i gave her some cheese.

Poor Zedley ... :rofl:

If you want to see a dog dramatise a situation ... think greyhound and a ant bite ... then think extreme drama queen :) While I know it hurt I could do nothing but laugh at her behaviour … sorry Brindle – I know she is your girl but she is really a serious drama queen…

Edited by Tilly

You have no idea... i stepped on Emmy's paw and you should hear and see how she carried on... i'm surprised my neighbours hasn't called the RSPCA or something.. it was all cured once i gave her some cheese.

Didn't you know? Cheese cures all.

I was baking about a week or so ago, and I had put the muffins in the oven (which is under our stove). G was in the kitchen, hovering around as she does. She was staring intently into the oven while I was doing the dishes (with my back to her). All of a sudden I heard the loudest squark I've ever heard come from her - she spotted the dog in the reflection of the oven and went to sniff - I think she burnt herself!!! :)

I felt so bad!!! Now whenever I go near the oven, she gives it the widest birth she can! She isn't in a hurry to do that again! :rofl:

Bee stings can be hard to find - especially if your dog is the brave type...unlike ours

Poor Zedley ... :eek:

If you want to see a dog dramatise a situation ... think greyhound and a ant bite ... then think extreme drama queen :laugh: While I know it hurt I could do nothing but laugh at her behaviour … sorry Brindle – I know she is your girl but she is really a serious drama queen…

Dante, our Iggy will contend your Grey for the drama queen title

We were out walking when Dante stepped on a bee - due to the screaming we knew something was amiss and guessed that as we we're walking across a park with clover a bee may somehow be involved. Took out the sting and kept walking only to have him start vomiting in approx 100m down the road. Luckily we'd just walked past the vets, so scooped him up & raced back to the vets thinking he was having a severe reaction to the venom only to be told he's was in shock - they gave him something to help but can't remember what it was.

The vet said he's never seen anything like it :laugh: