Caravan With Dogs?

poochiemama

I recently stayed in a caravan with my GSD, a friend and her 2 greyhounds ... lets just say it isn't something I wish to repeat any time soon. The caravan wasn't very big and it kind of felt like it was going to fall off the foundations everytime we moved.

There was very little room to move ... I think I would have had more room in my tent

We haved caravaned all over QLD, up to Darwin , and back, with 2 dogs and 4 cats :rofl:

I LOVE it.

The animals need to be IN the car, caravans can be a bit rolly with travelling, and hot etc.

We have not had any problems with ours at all, although in cold weather, the caravan bed gets a little cramped with 2 biggish dogs and 2 humans!

Our caravan was old and no annex and we hope to get a good one next year. Getting a cheap one was great as we had not done it before and before spending a lot of money, wanted to see how we got on.

Dogs LOVED it too :laugh:

There is a good book, Holidaying With Dogs. We used this and did not book anything as we had no schedule, but when we would see where we'd be that evening, we would ring ahead to book. We had priorities of course, first was dog friendly, then power, then position of park. the Daly Waters park in NT is really terrific, so is the one on the barkley highway :rofl: , in fact, we did not have a single bad experience.xxx

Camping's something I haven't considered...that could be quite fun;

Are camping sites fenced off? I wouldn't want them escaping, and although our lab's recall is perfect, I can't say the same about our goldie...

I'm going to look into camping and find out more about it..

They have stayed at cottages before and we had a blast , they were pretty well-behaved.

Thanks for all the replies ... I just want to do something different with our holiday this time so I'm looking at things we haven't done much of before.

Best Friend's has fenced camping sites.