Loosing Puppy Coat

Hi i was hoping to get some advice in regards to my stafford pups coat.

She seems to be loosing her puppy coat i can see her normal looking coat where the other coat has come out which looks good but i ihave never had a stafford pup look so patchy when they changed coat.

Is there anyway to speed things up as she has a few shows coming up and there's no way i'll take her in the ring like this.

Thanks Sharon

A grooming block (from a show caravan or horse place) will help. If you have someone to show you how to use it properly a stripping knife (comb) is also good. But you might just have to accept that it will take some time no matter how much you groom :)

A good bath once a week and a blow dry with a high power blast drier can help too.

Thanks Sandra

I have been using the stripping comb which has removed alot of the old coat havn't used a grooming block but i'm at a show on the weekend so will see if i can buy one.

The reason it is so obvious is that the new coat is a lot blacker than the puppy coat, but i think your right it will just take a bit of time and i will just have to be patient :)

Thanks Lisa

I'll try the rubber gloves, the baby hair is a shade different to the new hair coming through it's like bunny fluff in fact thats what we have been calling her, my daughter has been collecting the baby hair in a bag :laugh: weird i know but its better than the wolfhound hair she use to collect LOL btw its not Sophie its another yonger pup i have here.