Purchasing A Puppy

Dju

I'm on the waiting list for a little SV pup from Ausvarg (love you Cass :D ) one state over and when the pup comes of age (8 weeks I think, around November), I will look to the sky and know that finally.. my pup is on his way here. :laugh:

However, I keep hearing all these tips about looking for a specific puppy in the litter when you meet them, like how you should pick the first one that comes up to you, or the most playful one, or the most obedient one and so on. Some say that the puppy must "choose you" and you should pick a puppy that looks like he's enthusiastic about going home with you or he will never be 100% devoted to you, but how can my puppy choose me if I've never met him before? :thumbsup: So many different opinions, I don't know what to believe!

Question I have for fellow DOLers is this--

On buying a puppy you've never met. Good idea? Bad idea? Should I believe all the hype?

I think that's a great that experienced Breeders will choose someones puppy for them as they probably know best. However I do believe that the family should meet the puppy because in the greater scheme of things they may see something in that pup that they don't like, the pup may not be interested in them and so forth.

In many cases experiences Breeders make great decisions but they can't always be right.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Awww Lappie pups, my breeder has some 9 week old lappies at the moment as well, they're so cute, like little fluffy teddy bears :rofl:

Oh no you're getting me worried, sas! :rofl: I hope he'll be perfect for me anyways.

He's going to be flying over here in just 6 weeks! Whee!!