Pet Accessories (south Morang, Vic)

thomo84

well we are getting a new puppy golden retriever hoprefully by mid September and want to get everything ready. So like:

Kennel

Bed for inside

Toys

Lead

Bowl

etc etc Pretty much everything :mad good fun buying for a dog

well we are getting a new puppy golden retriever hoprefully by mid September and want to get everything ready. So like:

Kennel

Bed for inside

Toys

Lead

Bowl

etc etc Pretty much everything :mad good fun buying for a dog

We only seem to have the super stores around here, we are 10 minutes from you.

I always use a mates shop The Pet Bath Shop in Diamond Creek or Mitre 10 DC. I feed Artemis Power and get it at a good price.

Look on ebay for a kennel and buy your crate if you are getting one on line.(Deals Direct) or similar. Remember never buy PVC toys as they can be fatal if ingested over a long period as are colured glazed ceramic water holders.

Eltham Stockfeeds or Doreen (if they are still there). Diamond Valley Dog Obedience sells leads collars and stuff near cost, and pup through to advanced obedience classes are only $50 for a whole year sundays 9am Poulters Reserve Greensborough

There are 2 off lead large ovals in DC also. There is a monthly Dogzonline meet at Kepala Pet Resort you will find info in the social thread. Where is you pup coming from?

How exciting. I can definately recommend going to Kepala, I went this month for the first time and it was great.

I just bought a huge deluxe soft crate (suitable for St Bernards, Great Danes etc) off ebay for $150 brand new, smaller ones are even cheaper. They have some great bargins and they have just about everything you could want for a dog!

Our puppy golden retriever is coming from two possible breeders, visiting both of them tomorrow hopefully and will put a deposit down on a puppy :mad yay!

I don't think we will go the crate way but definetly need to get a kennel etc. Will look into ebay for sure and will have a look at Diamond creek when and if i get chance to head up that way. Does the Pet Bath Store in Diamond Creek sell kennels etc.? any ideas of size for a golden retriever? large?

Will get into the whole social thing for sure! want to our pup to be as social as it can be while young.

Its mainly the big items we want to find cheaper somewhere like the kennel and bedding, toys and leads etc are cheap enough not to worry about.

Edited by thomo84

Our puppy golden retriever is coming from two possible breeders, visiting both of them tomorrow hopefully and will put a deposit down on a puppy :) yay!

I don't think we will go the crate way but definetly need to get a kennel etc. Will look into ebay for sure and will have a look at Diamond creek when and if i get chance to head up that way. Does the Pet Bath Store in Diamond Creek sell kennels etc.? any ideas of size for a golden retriever? large?

Will get into the whole social thing for sure! want to our pup to be as social as it can be while young.

Its mainly the big items we want to find cheaper somewhere like the kennel and bedding, toys and leads etc are cheap enough not to worry about.

Pet Bath doesnt do kennels but Mitre 10 does. There is a cheepy shop near Mr Rooster that sells large kennels for around $80, plastic. They sell heaps of cheap beds too. I havent bought from them, but a lot of people do. There is a shop called Veronicas Pantry near subway that also sells cheap dog stuff. Its all imported asian stuff. We have a kids fold out sofa for mine and they are mainly inside. The pet bath has a DIY wash and acessories but only stock Artemis. The beds from the cheap places seem fine. I forgot to mention our local Pet store sells good quality items, beds kennels etc and a range of food. I think they are called DC Pet supplies. They are really good and also have a great aquariam.

If I had to shop reasonably local (within half an hour to 40 minutes) I would prefer to use Petstock at Sth Morang. Not that cheap but if you get a member's card then your purchases accumulate and you get good discounts as a reward. The staff there are really nice too, but unfortunately they don't have a great range of stuff in regard to most Petstocks any more.

Don't like Mega Pet warehouse at Epping, rude staff and not all that helpful or knowledgeable either.

Best Friends at Thomastown have an excellent range but not that cheap.

If I want good prices then I keep on going towards the city to Salces on High Street at Northcote. There is also another discount pet supplies at Thornbury, just a few blocks closer but Salce have the best range.

Ooh, I'm quite the online shopper.

For unique accessories (collars, tags) and toys: try www.etsy.com for homemade stuff. They always come beautifully wrapped and a great way of supporting an artist.

I use eBay a lot for good deals. A pet stroller that cost $100 I managed to get for $5.99 on eBay. A lot of it is watching and bidding. Or if you're into personalised collars (about $6US), leads, bowls, blankets, snuggle beds, etc - those are much cheaper than in stores.

Dealsdirect is another good bargain place. Assortment of cheap beds, crates etc. Shipping is very reasonable too, and timely.

If you're looking for a super premium food that isn't stocked at your local pet store, try http://www.pookinuk.com.au - they have Candidae, Artemis, Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance, Ziwi Peak, Eagle Pack Holistic, Royal Canin, and they charge a flat delivery fee of $5.

hi everyone,

Thanks for all your advise and suggestions! will look into them all! especially the local advise, comes in very handy. We live right around the corner from Petstock in South Morang and the new pet store in Westfield. We haven't visited Petstock yet but might do that soon.

Thanks to everyone again

Kennel

Bed for inside

Toys

Lead

Bowl

etc etc Pretty much everything :o good fun buying for a dog

We only seem to have the super stores around here, we are 10 minutes from you.

I always use a mates shop The Pet Bath Shop in Diamond Creek or Mitre 10 DC. I feed Artemis Power and get it at a good price.

Look on ebay for a kennel and buy your crate if you are getting one on line.(Deals Direct) or similar. Remember never buy PVC toys as they can be fatal if ingested over a long period as are colured glazed ceramic water holders.

Eltham Stockfeeds or Doreen (if they are still there). Diamond Valley Dog Obedience sells leads collars and stuff near cost, and pup through to advanced obedience classes are only $50 for a whole year sundays 9am Poulters Reserve Greensborough

There are 2 off lead large ovals in DC also. There is a monthly Dogzonline meet at Kepala Pet Resort you will find info in the social thread. Where is you pup coming from?

Chewey - Doreen Stockfeeds closed down ages ago :cry: - I used to get firewood from them. PetBarn's not too bad, price-wise & they often have specials.

You think you guys have it bad - try living in East Gippsland! Nothing but 1 little Pet Shop in Bairnsdale, which I won't patronise, as they sell puppies & kittens, or the stockfeed place which only sells the crap food that farmers give their dogs.