Poop In Courtyard

frankfurts

My tibetan spaniel is now 6 months old. I live in a townhouse with a courtyard and he poops in a little garden patch i dont use which is good. I then scoop it out every day or two and flush down the toilet. I was wondering if there was anything i could add to the garden to possibly help the poop decompose or atleast to neutralize the smell a little? It is currently a pebble garden but was going to replace with soil to make it easier to scoop out.

To some extent, but at the end of the day we're still dealing with smelly stuff! Sawdust usually smells pretty good, absorbs some of the odour, and due to it's high carbon content it sucks the nitrogen out of the urine or feces and the decomposition process begins. Same with straw, shredded paper, chaff etc. It depends a bit on what you can get hold of.

I had him on a doggy loo but was sick of replacing the fake turf and it became quite messy and smelly (especially after rain lol. Saw dust sounds good cos i can just scoop it out and throw it in the bin and top it up when i have to. The entire courtyard is paved except for the small part were he goes.

My tibetan spaniel is now 6 months old. I live in a townhouse with a courtyard and he poops in a little garden patch i dont use which is good. I then scoop it out every day or two and flush down the toilet. I was wondering if there was anything i could add to the garden to possibly help the poop decompose or atleast to neutralize the smell a little? It is currently a pebble garden but was going to replace with soil to make it easier to scoop out.

I think your pebbles and a good strong jet of water after you have picked up the poo would be the easiest and most hygienic of all, particularly in a hot humid climate. You could also use also spray some natural oils around, or just add some good old fashioned pine oil disinfectant to a bucket of water. Dog faeces are a lot less smelly if you don't feed your dog canned food, so perhaps take a look at the diet too.

btw, dont flush it down the toilet - the New Zealanders have been complaining to the water board again and we all have to put it in plastic bags in the garbage bin now.

Souff

Edited by Souff

haha ok i was doin the plastic bag thing then i was like well the toilet is designed for it so thought i was helping the environment by saving plastic bags lol. You can t win. I was just trying to find if anyone was in a similar situation that might have a solution that has worked for them, lots of good ideas though.