For The Puppy Whisperer's....

Max#1

Are they 'coo's' (for lack of a better description) of contentment? Or is there another explanation?

It was almost like he was purring like a cat!

>koalathebear: not quite 'honks' -- the quest to capture the honk is still ongoing!

I hope the link works!

Its almost like 'whinging' for a chew! Oh to chew on something! And those hands in the video looked good!

We were 'herded' by a working kelpie in the park the other day. She was very intense (those dilated pupils!) - especially when it came to the ball I had. Now Max is all serious work business when there's a ball to chase, but this was something else! I still think Elbie seems more like a border collie. I think the border collie genetics must be very dominant?

Not sure. Border people always say he seems very border collie, but kelpie people always say he's kelpie. In the end, he's just a quirky little doggie who likes to play :rofl: Did you see his eyes in the 'ham balancing' trick? People ask me how I didn't feel guilty looking into those reproachful eyes ;)

Max looks very cuddly and he does remind me of Elbie a lot :( My family dog when I was a kid was a border collie/lab named Kitt ... Very lovable.

Edited by koalathebear

I can definitely relate to having a quirky little puppy! Its just so lovely!

As for the reproachful eyes.... well... they win me over more than is probably appropriate!

Luckily we're starting puppy school (or 'clown school' as my OH says) on the weekend. We both need training on how to train!

My older dog whinges at squeaky toys. With one particular toy we got him, he squeaked it (with his nose, not his mouth) then let out this long, mournful "mmmmrrrrrrnnnnnnnnnnn!"

He also whinges when playing bitey face with our puppy.

Ooooh you have to be careful of the things they're doing when they're quiet! Ours seems to have a thing at the moment for taking books out of the bookshelf......

It can be very sweet when they're playing by themselves though - like in the video!

Ooooh you have to be careful of the things they're doing when they're quiet! Ours seems to have a thing at the moment for taking books out of the bookshelf......

It can be very sweet when they're playing by themselves though - like in the video!

:)

Yes. If she is making noises I can tell what room she is in and what she is most likely doing. On a few occasions now, all has gone quiet and I have caught her doing the following:

a) chewing my phone charger in the bedroom (Hubby forgot to shut the door :o )

b) sitting in a pile of sorted dirty washing in the laundry, chewing on a pair of my knickers :p (wrong on so many levels)

c) trying to climb into the washing machine (it was pretty funny actually)

d) licking the water in the shower recess (and proceeds to walk her wet paws all over my clean floors)

e) climbing on to the dining room table (I laughed out of shock the first time, now it is a PITA)

I could keep going I'm sure...

God she makes me laugh though.

That is hilarious!

Before we realised the 'climbing potential' of our little guy, we would leave him in a small adjustable 'inside' fence. Not sure how to explain it better - its about 1m high and contains about 2x2m in area - enough space to put newspaper down and some toys and water - and the shape is adjustable. I'd gone out for an hour .....when I came home, I opened the door to find him sitting in a basket of washing that was sitting on the dining table. How he got out of the fence (I'm assuming climbed over...... good grief!), then climbed onto the dining table, then into the basket, is beyond me! But that moment of seeing him there (snug as a bug no less) was so priceless! This was really in the first week or so that we had him - needless to say that 'fence' (maybe I should say 'playpen'?) was a complete waste of money!

The other night I was preparing dinner..... our toilet roll holder has a distinctive squeak...... needless to say........