Dog/cat Food Confusion

Persian Spitz

I keep the cat food and dog food in the same place. One morning I gave the puppy some dry food and went back into the house. As I put the pack down I realised the picture on the pack was a cat. The dog and cat eat Science Diet so the packaging is identical except for the pictures and some words. I ran out but my dog had already started eating the dry cat food.

Will anything serious happen? What should I do?

Dogs are fine being fed cat food (I give it to mine as a treat- they love it).

Cats don't do well on dog food though as it causes constipation & doesn't have the right nutrients for them.

Edited by Pawfect

Dogs are fine being fed cat food (I give it to mine as a treat- they love it).

Cats don't do well on dog food though as it causes constipation & doesn't have the right nutrients for them.

This is good to know- as much as I try to stop it, my cat and dog both like to "sample" each others food! :confused:

BOT, my hoover bella got a belly full last night when OH forgot to chock the laundry frikken door; she knows she done wrong but she has this way about her that, well, i think you've heard the story before...

anyhoo, bella purrs now :laugh:

anecdotally, bobbie flicks her tail at the dogs' dry food!

lastly, once i'm thru with this bag of dry food for cats, i'm stopping cuz dry food is baaad for kitties --- just sayin'