5 Month Old Just Started Barking At 4am

pomchi

I feed Mindy at around 4pm and she hold on until morning.

She woke me up to go outside last night at 1.30am though because she was given some left overs which obviously did not agree with her. I'm just glad she let me know she wanted to go out as I have carpet in my room!

maybe it's a smaller breed thing?

It's kinda a rare thing that my 2 are fed before 8pm but that's because I only fed them whenever I feel like feeding them :thumbsup: And, I usually feel like that when I'm having a down time and just want to sit on the couch by myself for 10 minutes...

Thats usually what we do, we wait to feed her when we are about to have dinner so we can both eat in peace :)

I will see how feeding her a bit later tonight goes ( fingers crossed)

James is always up at 5-5:30am as well. And we've been having some toiletting in his pen issues. A later feeding time sounds like a good idea!

He's normally in his pen in an eastern facing room so he gets the first rays of sunlight straight at him. Normally I kick him outside for 10 minutes until he asks to be let back in, and he gets put straight back to bed. I crated him in my bedroom last night, where it stays darker longer, to no avail :) Still rustling around at 5:15am.

Although, as an aside, I did really enjoy having him sleep in the same room as me last night - it's cute listening to him snuffle around as he falls asleep :thumbsup: Definitely going to keep that routine. But will try the later feeding time as well.

I am starting to think that she is now just barking for attention, she loves company, I have thought about moving her into our bedroom, beacuse as soon as she is around us she is completely calm and falls asleep straight away but my partner believes this may make when we leave her at home alone a lot more stressful for her

what do you guys think??

Ignoring her barking still hasnt worked, she barked for two hours last night and when i went down to check on her she was panting, looked exhausted as we had excercised her and kept her awake till we went to bed in the hope she would fall asleep.

as soon as i sat down she jumped on my lap and was asleep within a minute,

I dont want to give in to her just because she wants attention but if there is a way to calm her down so that she can sleep I am willing to try.

is your pup crated trained? You can put the crate in your room... maybe she just wants to sleep near you guys.

I think that would be better letting her sleep in a crate in your room is a lot better than letting her bark and cry for hours and you going to her so she can sleep.

Charlie and Emmy has been sleeping in my bed or in my room from day one. now that weather is getting a little warmer, Charlie goes to the floor or the hallway to sleep now but Emmy is still young and still likes to sleep with me, but I think when summer hits she will want to sleep on the wooden floors or in the bathroom.