Which One!

♥Baxter♥

I bought Baxter, Natural Choice for large breed puppy (made by Advance apparently), but I'm still not sure if I'll stick to this or if I'd be better of with Royal Canin Junior GSD??

Any thoughts GSD owners please?

Also, I prefer give him human graded raw meat (I'm worried about what they put in the other raw for pet stuff), what amount of raw should I give him??

I don't want to over feed him, looking forward to your replies ;)

Hi I dont have a GSD but I have a large breed puppy and I feed her Royal Canin. It is fantastic and I wont feed her anything else. She gets Maxi Junior. She is growing well, minimal poos and looks awesome. I would stick with Royal Canin. ;)

Hi I dont have a GSD but I have a large breed puppy and I feed her Royal Canin. It is fantastic and I wont feed her anything else. She gets Maxi Junior. She is growing well, minimal poos and looks awesome. I would stick with Royal Canin. ;)

Thanks - What breed do you have & can I see a pic :o

I had Kody on Royal Canin and he was extremely itchy. I ended up switching him to EP Holistic and haven't looked back.

Each dog is different and what one does well on another may not.

Best to try the food and see if it agrees with your dog. As it is a premium brand you can always exchange/return it if you are not happy.

I feed Kody about 3/4 of the feeding guidelines recommend for the dry food, plus he gets a bone (chuck or brisket) as well as a chicken wing in his Kong each day.

He has kept his weight stable on this amount of food.

Edited by Kody's_Mum

I've raised my last few litters on Royal Canin GSD Junior and found it really good - they grow slowly and steadily, with nice coats, good poop etc. My next preference would be the Advance large breed growth.

You might be able to find chicken mince that is minced whole carcasses (won't be human grade obviously), which would be fine - otherwise as Poodlefan sugested, meat on the bone only

KM - which RC product did you feed your GSD?

Aahh ok Natural Choice = Nutro, i was trying to work out which product was called Natural Choice! :laugh: One of the nifty things about the GSD RC range is there is no wheat as many GSD's have an intolerance to it :o But as per my sig - feed what suits your dog :laugh:

But the mince is ok if it contains bone - eg mulched chook frames - mince doesn't have the correct balance and it's rather iffy adding things such as calcium powder etc. And the bone needs to be amounts which can be completely eaten - so while a pup steer clear of load bearing bones, for example leg bones.

KM - which RC product did you feed your GSD?

Royal Canin GSD formula. The formula is meant to be good for sensitive skin, however Kody couldn't stop scratching whilst on it. Once I switched him to EP Holistic his itchiness settled completely, and his coat regained it's shine and softness.

Its def a trial and error thing. I tried Advance and Supacoat and I wasn't happy with my girls growth rate although my friend feeds her whole kennel on Advance. Its a personal thing. Having a large breed it is extremely important to ensure they grow nice and slowly. LOL Good luck.