Tenterfield Terrier

Oscar (AmBull)

Looking to DOL for some advice. We are looking after my uncle and aunties puppy (Tenterfield Terrier) for 11 days while they are away.

I am wanting to take the dogs out, but I have no clue about a leash for a small dog? I am wanting something just temporary so not to expensive but have never owned a small dog and have no clue where to begin, I am guessing something light weight?

Also would love to hear from any DOLers that own or have owned this breed, she is a very confident puppy and has exactly the same play style as Oscar, I am guessing it is a Terrier thing? They are getting on like a house on fire, it is truly amazing, especially seeing the size difference between them.

Looking to DOL for some advice. We are looking after my uncle and aunties puppy (Tenterfield Terrier) for 11 days while they are away.

I am wanting to take the dogs out, but I have no clue about a leash for a small dog? I am wanting something just temporary so not to expensive but have never owned a small dog and have no clue where to begin, I am guessing something light weight?

Also would love to hear from any DOLers that own or have owned this breed, she is a very confident puppy and has exactly the same play style as Oscar, I am guessing it is a Terrier thing? They are getting on like a house on fire, it is truly amazing, especially seeing the size difference between them.

Thing to remember. A small dog doesn't know its a small dog. Some of our tenterfields enjoy playing with malamutes. The Mals seem a bit more wary of the Terriers. As for leads it doesn't need to be a very lightweight an average sized lead will probably do the job. How old is the puppy?

I have definitely noticed the thinking she is a big dog, when she is really a small dog. She is around 5 months old. So a normal lead will work, I just wasn't sure? As I said no experience with little dogs, but she is definitely a bit big for her boots, but then so is Oscar

Thanks for the advice.

Does she walk well on a lead? if she does she should be right with a regular lead, otherwise go to coles and get a puppy lead, they cost like $5 and are very lightweight

I have no idea how she walks, haven't tried yet because I wasn't sure on lead. I have a fairly thin Rogz one from when Oscar was a puppy that I will try her on tomorrow. Thanks for the tip on Coles. :laugh:

Does she walk well on a lead? if she does she should be right with a regular lead, otherwise go to coles and get a puppy lead, they cost like $5 and are very lightweight

I have no idea how she walks, haven't tried yet because I wasn't sure on lead. I have a fairly thin Rogz one from when Oscar was a puppy that I will try her on tomorrow. Thanks for the tip on Coles. :rofl:

The only issue could be if she finds the clip too heavy for comfort, try your existing one and see what she thinks of it, if you see any sort of resistance Id be getting a coles one, if she doesnt care just use the one you already have!!!