Where To Buy A Crate For My Puppy In Sydney

Azreal

Ok, once again I need some expert advice.

I am feeling a bit confused about the sleeping arrangements for my puppy.

I can see from the other foru, topics that most people recommend a crate for their puppy - I need so,e advice on what type of crate & any good suppliers in Sydney as i need to get one today so we can try & sort out some of the issues we are having with the puppy during the night.

Can anyone recommend whereto buy a crate & if it is easy to get crate dividers so we can get a bigger size as she is a Newfoundland & it would be better if we could get one that she can grow into as well.

Also, does anyone have any advice on blocking power points to prevent the dog from going near them when inside, I get a little bit worried about her getting shock if she bites at them.

Thanks all.

If you live near Belmore, Vebopet sells strong, collapsible wire crates for less than $100 (it is cheaper to buy on their website rather than on their eBay store.) Here is the 42" crate that should fit your puppy even when she's adult size. You can also order accessories like dividers and crate covers. Stanley has a 42" crate and I think it is fantastic. I adjust the divider as he grows. However the crate took a week to get here as I live in WA, but you should get it much more quicker in NSW.

As for power points, I haven't had that problem with my puppy yet (he was taught right from the beginning not to touch cables) however, you can buy covers on eBay which are designed to protect children and babies. I will link to a couple that may interest you:

10 x Blank Plate Cover Light Switch Power Point GPO

2 x Child/Baby Safety Power Point Cover

Good luck! ;)

Best ones for giants are C Crates type ones - the dane people all use the 122cm x 122cm x 122xm ones (I think its 48 inches). Two places to get them - from NFS Pet Supplies who have a website (NSW based) - they are $160 or pick them up from Don Day's shop at Erskine Park when a show is on. Most normal pet shops do not stock large enough ones.

NFS also do soft crates. I have the 2nd from largest size and have been very happy with it but am changing to the wire crate when I pick one up in a couple of weeks.

ETA - just saw post above. I'd go 48 inch for a giant breed not 42 inch - the Vebo one (even in XXL) is quite narrow - you need to have enough room for them to stretch out and turn around.

Edited by Danois