Monkeys Stolen From Zoo, Brisbane

*Avanti*

no news on the pregnant female

I have just rang the Zoo,because nothing mentioned on the news.I spoke to some-one who said the little male one was killed(autopsy done)& tossed in to the yard he was found in.This lady said that he would have put up a good fight,probably poor little beggars down-fall.I asked about security & was told there are double locks & double yards & that these "theives" came well prepared.The news & police are over there looking as I speak as there was a sighting either early today or last night of the little female one in the area close to the Zoo,apparently it is in a new estate,so if any-one else wants to help find her,should they live near by the Zoo, No is 3204.6566,I wish it would stop raining to help efforts to find her.

I have just rang the Zoo,because nothing mentioned on the news.I spoke to some-one who said the little male one was killed(autopsy done)& tossed in to the yard he was found in.This lady said that he would have put up a good fight,probably poor little beggars down-fall.I asked about security & was told there are double locks & double yards & that these "theives" came well prepared.The news & police are over there looking as I speak as there was a sighting either early today or last night of the little female one in the area close to the Zoo,apparently it is in a new estate,so if any-one else wants to help find her,should they live near by the Zoo, No is 3204.6566,I wish it would stop raining to help efforts to find her.

Good on you bridie. I hope they find her safe and sound. What is it with people who would do this? Have they no clues about extinction and the reason there is a breeding program? It's so tragic about the little male. I found it hard to sleep the other night just thinking about it. :(

Good on you bridie. I hope they find her safe and sound. What is it with people who would do this? Have they no clues about extinction and the reason there is a breeding program? It's so tragic about the little male. I found it hard to sleep the other night just thinking about it. :(

This has the media coverage it deserves at last.

Whoever tried to thieve them would have bite marks,he really sunk his teeth in & scratches,so there are others who know who this is........people like this are not worth protecting,just mongrels.

I hope the conclusion is happy for the female and very very very unhappy for the perpetrators.

I rang them on Wednesday,was told she would not survive on her own out there,and no sightings.....what a shame,reckless act who-ever did this.