Digitalrev

carebear

i've been considering upgrading my dslr (nikon d40) for a little while now, and have started researching over the last few weeks. i think i want to upgrade to the new d3100 and i've found a good deal on digitalrev for it. originally i did a price comparison search on getprice.com.au and went through the list, the price i've found is about 300 cheaper than the store i went to today, and has an extra lens (only the nikkor 50 1.8 D) thrown in. just wondering if anyone has bought from them?

i'm only going to upgrade if i'm successful in a job i interviewed for a week ago, and am also considering asking the store if they'll match the price.

I bought my 5D from them - just be aware that you will probably have to pay import duty on the camera. Mine cost me $240 to import because I had to pay the applicable GST on it.

It was still cheaper and I was happy with their responses to my questions. Camera got here in about 10 days from order date.

They have a store in melbourne I believe - if you buy online though I think they ship it from their hong kong office. I bought mine through their ebay page because they had the pack i wanted and it was shipped from hong kong. Just email them and ask where they're going to ship it from. They're happy to answer those questions.

• 3 weeks later...

They are in Hong Kong, they state that you should not have to pay GST due to Aussie law for any orders under $1000. Infact mine got held up in customs for the very purpose of verifying the invoice they provided. I had to provide customs my Paypal receipt to verify and no GST was charged.

They seem quite good and I'm happy with the quality and what I've got from them. They look like they are spending quite a bit on branding etc as I got stacks of other little nick nacks from them with their logo all over it (lens cleaners, bags etc).

Overall quite happy, but you might want to expect some delays through Australian customs...

It's a lot to ask a 'normal' store to price-match, generally the best they can do is $50-100 off a just-over-1000 item to still make something (and they have huge overheads compared to the HongKong or wherever mail-order warehouses).

Whichever way you go, good luck with the result from the job interview, fingers crossed you win it.