Barf Breeders

Malinworx

Lots of breeders feed a raw diet and have found it beneficial. I run a list at yahoo called 'rawbreeder' which discussed issues and subjects relating to breeding a feeding raw - we have been running for a lot of years and have a lot of members. Personally I wouldnt feed any other way.

Just curious how many breeders are using the BARF diet for their bitches and puppies. If so have you found it to be worthwhile? Have you had better success with BARF litters than litters which were raised on commercial food?

I started mine on it full time after reading all about it on this Forum.I had no idea what BARF meant until then.I give raw mince,roo,chicken etc.at 5-6 weeks,start out at 3-4 weeks on Pedigree puppy,as soon as they get the taste of raw they won't touch the canned.Have I noticed the difference in litters,apart from a very shiney coat.... I haven't, but to see them enjoy it so much it has been all worth the extra time it some-times takes to prepare.None of mine like the prepared BARF.It's rewarding to know (barf) it is so beneficial to them & they are all so contented.

This has continued with the last few new owners as well,so we are all getting on the band waggon :thumbsup: Education

is the key,I tell every-one I can & try and convince them,those that care really look into it & change.

The bones also give them some-thing to do as well as enjoy.

After raising numerous litters on BARF I would never go back to a purely commercial diet. There are so many benefits on a BARF diet compared to a Comm. Diet. I am a BARF feeder / believer and have been for over 15 years now. I strongly urge all of our Puppy Buyers to continue on with the diet, but I do offer an alternative diet should they not wish to.

As for bitches in whelp on a BARF Diet, I have never had a problem - all of them have had large healthy size litters with good weights.

I strongly recommend a BARF diet for healthy dogs but at the end of the day I get that some people don't / can't do it.

Since changing our dogs over to a BARF diet we do not have the Vet bills that we did prior to being on a commercial diet.

I believe like ourselves, diet has a lot to answer for in regards to health.

I will add that we do feed our pups some premium dry due to allowing them to know what it is prior to going to their new homes. We treat it a bit like junk food, it is not fed often but they do get a bit of it.