Care Packages For Our Troops Puppies

mackenzie11

My care package is nearly ready to go. My soldier is getting spoilt, he's getting an iPod Nano, an iTunes voucher and the latest John Grisham novel. Actually, it's my son who's just started a tour of duty in Afghanistan as the chief reconnaissance officer.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My care package is nearly ready to go. My soldier is getting spoilt, he's getting an iPod Nano, an iTunes voucher and the latest John Grisham novel. Actually, it's my son who's just started a tour of duty in Afghanistan as the chief reconnaissance officer.

he is very spoilt, good on ya, they need spoiling considering where they are and what they have to deal with.

make sure you tell him NOT to leave his ipod in his uniform pockets, they are NOT waterproof, my daughter left hers in her pocket and it went through the wash and is now cactus, would hate to see him lose his also

merry christmas and i hope your son stays safe :confused:

Minister for Defence Science and Personnel, Warren Snowdon said Defence has established dedicated postal addresses to enable Australians to send gifts to our personnel overseas for the Christmas period.

“To accommodate parcels and gifts from the Australian public, new Australian Forces Post Office numbers have been established. [see bottom of the release].

Mack,

I didn't think for one minute you were complaining.

The bit I've highlighted in blue is what threw me. It says new po numbers.

I should have checked your first post before posting that media release.

dodger39

dont sweat it, more info the better,

that bit worried me also when i read your post as myself and others had already sent packages off and when i saw your post i got very worried that i had the wrong address and told people on here that, and that all the packages were going to the wrong place,

but they are the same and it is all cool, i just did not want others worrying like i did to start off,

no harm done

have a merry chirstmas :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

Hope you son has a safe trip. My boyfriend got back in July after doing 6 months over there as a combat engineer driver over there.

He tells me that they definitely appreciate getting packages over there and that it is awesome getting stuff and also great for their morale knowing that regular people in Australia are thinking about them and supporting them... Wish I had seen this thread earlier, I would have definitely sent a package over for an EDD.... might do one in a couple of months when all the treats they got for christmas have run out..