Pregnant Bitch Being Fussy With Her Food

Bokezu

Sienna is 4 weeks pregnant (hopefully) has always loved her food :banghead: but for the past nearly two weeks she is being really fussy. She is eating but not as much as before, should I be worried? or is this normal?

My Pug bitch is doing the same thing...we thought it was cos she thinks she is hooman. :cheer: Dont be worried it is normal, I feed my bitches what they will eat....would rather them eat than not....sometimes just giving them something different gets them eating again...mine dont get the 4 legs roll, but pregnant bitches think it is something special. :banghead:

I am having the same thing here with Kimba who is nearly 6weeks. Has gone off everything, and i am talking about a smorgousboard here :eek: So I cooked some chicken to try and tempt her with that. She liked it at first but has gone off it again :cheer: So tonight she had a big mix of; half a can of advance puppy food, tablspoon yoghurt, little bit of her barf pattie, cooked chicken and some cooked sausages that i chucked in with the chicken. And all that, well mixed in together and then hand fed :banghead: .And I am happy to say that she had bout half.

But now my other girl, will hopefully be 4weeks, is starting to sorta go off her food too. It usually takes her next to no time to eat her meals but not tonight, very slow and sniffing it before every mouthful. She is very food drivin so is looking like i will definately have 2 litters due 2 weeks apart :banghead:

good to know I'm not the only one having this problem, my other two bitches didn't go off their food at all when pregnant. We have offered Sienna everything as well, I'm defrosting some steak to half cook for her....and my oh is bringing home a bbq chicken tonight, should be enough to entice her :eek:

She won't starve herself and providing there are no toehr symptoms that she may be ill then all is well...

BBQ chicken is always a hit, had one girl who only wanted raw chicken wings and another who would happily eat providing there was a tin of cat food mixed in :eek:

well the rump steak all red and juicy in the middle and seared on the outside was a hit :love: and bbq chicken for tea.........I'll keep it up for a couple of days and hopefully her old apetite will return. If she continues to fuss I will get her some nutrigel

I have had this same experience with 3 different bitches over the years - all turned a bit "fussy" at about the 4-week stage. My first bitch, Sascha never liked raw red meat as a rule and we could always tell that she was pregnant we she started to crave raw red meat.

OT, Bokezu - your signature picture is very striking - your dogs look like a pride of lions in the Serengeti :love:

I've had bitch who was mega fussy - she literally stopped eating around the 4 week stage, and barely had anything from there on in. The first litter she absorbed, the second she carried to term. We tried everything under the sun with her. Nutrigel was a god send (often shoved down her throat). Another thing the vet recommended to us was Blackmores Executive B Stress tablets. These have alot of the nutrients the body will need, plus should help stimulating her appettite. These were given on her second litter which she carried to term :p