How To Stop Boy Dog Spraying?

He wasn't neutered until he was an adult and this habit was already established - so how do I stop it? He always gos in different spots, and is a very submissive sooky boy. He will go outside for a wee, then still come back inside and spray on things - ver frustrating!

You mean 'marking' ?

Very submissive, sooky boy.
Or do you mean submissive urination.

I'd suggest what is needed is a look at what's going on at home. Your dog's relationship with you; with other animals in the home. When did it begin? What house-training did you do? When does he urinate? Where? What have you already tried?

More information required :grouphug:.

Edited by Erny

Yes I mean marking :confused:

I think he has always done it - but more frequently since we moved house about 6 mths ago. His house-training was pretty basic: take him outside, if he goes, praise him. This was until he was fairly reliable, then we would just let him out whenever our girl went out. Our bitch lets us know very clearly when she needs to go , by whining at the door.

As for relationship with me and other animals in the house - he is the lowest pack member. We just have the one other female dog. I might need some more specific questions :grouphug:

Very submissive, sooky boy.
Or do you mean submissive urination.

What defines submissive urination? He does it when by himself, not in response to interaction. He just takes himself off and marks the green bag or cardboard box that one of the kids has left lying in the hallway, or the bookcase etc...

belly band. When he comes inside put it on him and he wont be able to mark everywhere

http://www.ehow.com/video_5226229_use-belly-band-dog.html

since you moved it's common for a male dog to mark, new scents etc. Just watch him like a hawk, keep the belly band on him and if you see him cocking his leg a simple 'uh uh' and take him outside to wee.

Thanks Nekhbet - just had a look at that link and will give it a try :grouphug: