Heavy Duty Dog Crate - Where Can I Buy One?

jenz0r

Hi everyone,

One of my amstaffs is able to squeeze through the front door of a locked dog crate, and left unattended at dog shows this can be a problem. I've started clipping the door shut with dog leads when she is in it, but I'd like to get a crate with thicker wire as she has bent the door!! :D

Does anyone know of a supplier of THICK WIRE crates? My 36inch crates I've got from the show vans and the wire doesn't seem as thick as most. I think I'll go down a size also as the smaller sizes wont be so easy for her to bend.

The best crate I've had her in was one of those single front-door crates, where the front door actually slides down and clips in. And then there's a spring-catch you push in to open it upwards again (rather than the sideways door with the two lock latches).

I can't find any of these crates on the net, or ebay, hoping someone has some ideas for where to find one!

Jen

I would contact CCrates as per the link above. I have a stafford bitch that can break out of any crate she pleases if the mood takes her, I rang Michael at CCrates and he specially reinforced one of their crates for me around the door (where she always breaks through), she has not gotten out of that crate once.

Eta I did not get the aluminium crate as per the link as being in Qld it would be far to hot, I have two of the All Purpose wire ones.

Edited by ~SL~