Annual Bredbo Sheep Dog Trials

In case anyone else is interested, here are details of the Annual Bredbo Sheepdog Trials.

OH and I will probably be attending with our two monsters - as spectators not contestants. :D

Although an hour and 22 minutes in the car is quite a long drive! I didn't know Bredo was so far from Canberra.

Edited by koalathebear

Some photos from yesterday. It was a gorgeous day - very hot and sunny.

I didn't know much about trialling so was surprised to see mostly border collies. Apparently Kelpies aren't good at the 3-sheep work because they're a bit too pushy with the sheep and not as 'soft' as the borders.

This is Cricket the border collie.

bredbo01.jpg

bredbo02.jpg

This gorgeous black and tan Kelpie was the exception apparently and was extremely gentle, still and measured in its herding.

bredbo04.jpg

bredbo05.jpg

bredbo06.jpg

bredbo07.jpg

bredbo08.jpg

bredbo09.jpg

bredbo10.jpg

bredbo11.jpg

Great pics :eek:

Yes more BCs do 3 sheep work than Kelpies. In Yard Trials you will see a lot of Kelpies :o I went to the Bathurst Royal with a friend several years ago and was my introduction to Yard Trials - it was so amazing to watch the dogs work! :)

Great pics :laugh:

Yes more BCs do 3 sheep work than Kelpies. In Yard Trials you will see a lot of Kelpies :eat: I went to the Bathurst Royal with a friend several years ago and was my introduction to Yard Trials - it was so amazing to watch the dogs work! :D

Thanks Kavik! I'm really looking forward to going and seeing some yard trials at some point. Not just for the trials, I want to see all the Kelpies. :D Just need to chase down the ones that are in Canberra or nearby ...

We do three sheep dog trialling and we do it with both broder collies and kelpies. We have some very good kelpies that do the three sheep trials. My OH won at Canberra last year at the Nationals with a kelpie.

We are actually kelpie people at heart. My OH breeds kelpies that will do the three sheep work. You just have to have the right dogs. There are a lot of kelpies out there that give some kelpies a bad name!! lol

Love trialling, my Oh loves doing ti with the kelpies, but he has been succesful with his border collies as well, but he is a kelpie man. I have just begun trialling but I have BC's.