Moving Office

Dracdog

I went into the Dogs Qld Office yesterday to renew my Membership and was given some information that i thought I would pass on. If you want to send something in or contact them next week they will be incomunicado from Thursday 3 Dec to Mon 6 Dec because they are moving on those days and will not have any phones, email, snail mail or be open to visit. So if you need to get things in or contact them, do so before next Thursday or after the following Monday.

As per the November Dog Blog

We intend to close the Costin Street office at close of business on Wednesday 1 December. That will give Staff two days

(Thursday and Friday) to pack away everything to go to the new office and archive material to be stored at Durack. During that

time, I will have Telstra scheduled to move the phone lines and internet connections to the new office. We have scheduled the

removalists to move the office on Saturday 4 December to cause the least amount of disruption to the other three existing

offices at the new premises. Staff will be in the new office on Monday to finish unpacking and to make sure that everything is

working and we will reopen for business on Tuesday 7 December. During the period 1 December to 6 December there will be no

phone or email access. If things go well, we may be able to offer Members full or partial services on Monday afternoon.

In regards to the move, there are a couple of things to bear in mind. The postal address, PO Box 495, Fortitude Valley, the phone

numbers and email addresses will remain the same. However, as alluded to previously in Dog Blog and Council Notes, only

'dogsqueensland' email addresses will remain after 1 January 2011.

The major consideration at the new premises is one of Car Parking. First and foremost, I would like to still encourage all

Members to come to the office to transact any business they wish to transact. Parking is limited, but there still remains the same

amount of customer car parking, i.e. two places, that exist at the present office. The first space available is as you enter the gate

of the new office complex; the '10 Minute' parking bay immediately to the left is for use by all four offices in the complex and

this is usually empty. The second space available is under the building, straight ahead, against the back wall.