Worming

ACD4EVA

This morning (as we do every morning) we took our 12 week old pup out to the toilet. After he did a number 2 he started to drag his behind on the grass. At first I thought he may have been wiping his bottom :)

We then went back inside and he then started to drag his behind on the floor.

Is this a symptom of worms?

I can't say I have studied his droppings to see if I can see any but when I have looked I could not see anything.

We wormed him on wednesday this week for his 12 week worming.

Any advise??

Edited by ACD4EVA

This morning (as we do every morning) we took our 12 week old pup out to the toilet. After he did a number 2 he started to drag his behind on the grass. At first I thought he may have been wiping his bottom :mad

I can't say I have studied his droppings to see if I can see any but when I have looked I could not see anything.

Any advise??

It could be a sign of worms, but maybe he could be just cleaning out his anal glands, but probably a bit young for that. If you are in a tick area just check to see that he doesn't have a tick hanging there. You could always take a sample of poo to the vet to have it analysed for presence of worms. What did you worm him with?

Edited by sheena

This morning (as we do every morning) we took our 12 week old pup out to the toilet. After he did a number 2 he started to drag his behind on the grass. At first I thought he may have been wiping his bottom :D

Any advise??

It could be a sign of worms, but maybe he could be just cleaning out his anal glands, but probably a bit young for that. If you are in a tick area just check to see that he doesn't have a tick hanging there. You could always take a sample of poo to the vet to have it analysed for presence of worms. What did you worm him with?

We wormed him with a chewable tablet (Bay O pet, Drontal All wormer). He hasn't done it since my first post and there wasn't tick or anything on him.

Edited by ACD4EVA