The Queen Is A Byb

Fanuilos

When they do desex female dogs, they also tend to just take the ovaries, not the uterus as well. Rather different to here or in the U.S.A, although I think that will slowly catch on.

That's interesting, Staranais. What are the differences in health outcomes for the dogs?

So far as the studies show, pretty much no difference.

The theoretical advantage is that the OVE (ovaries only) is less invasive & usually quicker, possibly making it a slightly safer surgery. The only theoretical disadvantage of OVE is that there's still a possibility of pyometra in the uterus if you give exogenous hormones to the dog or cat afterwards for another medical condition. However, the studies they've shown us have shown that in reality, there's no difference in health outcome they could detect between the two groups of dogs.

Watch this space, I guess - perhaps later studies will show a distinct advantage of one procedure over the other. :)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personaly don't have a problem with backyard breeders anyway...

As long as they are well looked after,raised and homed,don't have any in bred health problems and aren't promoted as a "designer breed" whats the big deal?

If some one sees qualities in these dogs that they want,fine.

To have only pure bred,pedigree dogs in the world would lead to bigger problems that exsist now.

Not every one wants to show,breed and keep dogs only in the manner proscribed by those dedicated to keeping their specific chosen breeds.

Surely it realy comes down to welfare,and I don't believe back yard breeder always means unethical.

Perhaps before you post this sort of GARBAGE you should read the Forum rules, in particular Rule no 4

Interesting. Does that mean by giving approval to the Queen breeding 'dorgis', other DOLers are breaking the rules?

When they do desex female dogs, they also tend to just take the ovaries, not the uterus as well. Rather different to here or in the U.S.A, although I think that will slowly catch on.

That's interesting, Staranais. What are the differences in health outcomes for the dogs?

So far as the studies show, pretty much no difference.

The theoretical advantage is that the OVE (ovaries only) is less invasive & usually quicker, possibly making it a slightly safer surgery. The only theoretical disadvantage of OVE is that there's still a possibility of pyometra in the uterus if you give exogenous hormones to the dog or cat afterwards for another medical condition. However, the studies they've shown us have shown that in reality, there's no difference in health outcome they could detect between the two groups of dogs.

Watch this space, I guess - perhaps later studies will show a distinct advantage of one procedure over the other. :laugh:

Thanks Staranais. I'll keep my ear out for some further research. I had an inkling that the OVE procedure may be less invasive, but I don't know enough about either to really know.