Teaching A Dog How To Beg

spitzbaby

So I have seen some dogs are able to sit, lift their 2 front paws up, and continuously shaking the 2 front paws up and down. (if you get the picture)

Obviously, the first thing is to get them to lift the paws up from the ground, but after that how do you teach them to shake the two front paws together?

Any tips would be great

I've never seen it taught, but I've seen countless dogs do it naturally! Especially bichons... In fact, I've generally only ever heard it referred to as 'the bichon wave'! I don't know how one would go about teaching it to a dog who isn't naturally inclined to do it though, sorry...

I've never seen it taught, but I've seen countless dogs do it naturally! Especially bichons... In fact, I've generally only ever heard it referred to as 'the bichon wave'! I don't know how one would go about teaching it to a dog who isn't naturally inclined to do it though, sorry...

:) We had a baby bichon in our puppy class who did this almost the whole lesson! She was so cute.

Sorry, no suggestions from me, I am having enough trouble just getting my dog to stay up for longer than a second :xmassantawave:

I would teach Hi-10 and go from there.

Once they can stay up on their back legs for a reasnable time (maybe a few secs) i would then use the same lure as for shake hands-

holding a treat in a closed fit so the dog will try and paw the fist to get the treat.

Beg is not recommended for growing pupies though as their hips may not be strong enough.