Brisbane Vet Recommendation

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone here has been to the Central New Farm Vet Clinic and how they found them? I am looking for a new vet for my 6 month old staffy, not really comfortable with her current one which we used for her vaccinations. I felt he was quite rough with her when checking her over, just yanked her mouth open to check her teeth and blamed us for bad training when she tried to get away. I'm able to open her mouth just fine when I'm gentle with her. Also, was very quick to prescribe antibiotics when she had some skin allergies (she ended up with a secondary skin infection) rather than helping us treat the problem.

Any way, this Clinic was recommended to us and just wanted to see if anyone here could recommend them as well? They haven't really been mentioned in any previous threads. Do you know their stance on a raw diet (current vet was quick to poo poo it!)?

Thanks all!

Vanessa

That would be Anvet Kedron - lovely people :confused: It's our local vet.

I also take the dogs for six monthly check ups/chiro work at Animal Options out at Ormeau - it is a further drive but SO SO worth it.

Edited by huski

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone here has been to the Central New Farm Vet Clinic and how they found them? I am looking for a new vet for my 6 month old staffy, not really comfortable with her current one which we used for her vaccinations. I felt he was quite rough with her when checking her over, just yanked her mouth open to check her teeth and blamed us for bad training when she tried to get away. I'm able to open her mouth just fine when I'm gentle with her. Also, was very quick to prescribe antibiotics when she had some skin allergies (she ended up with a secondary skin infection) rather than helping us treat the problem.

Any way, this Clinic was recommended to us and just wanted to see if anyone here could recommend them as well? They haven't really been mentioned in any previous threads. Do you know their stance on a raw diet (current vet was quick to poo poo it!)?

Thanks all!

Vanessa

Is this the one on Brunswick st? If so, my boy has been seeing the lady vet there, she is lovely. Very gently, patient with my riggle puppy.

I have recently changed my boy back over to 100% kibble, but she was very supportive of a raw diet when he was eating it. Didn't try to guilt trip me saying it's not good etc. (as I heard from other vets before). She even noted on our file, "owner very interested in natural diets and treatment", which I thought was wonderful if we had to see another vet there.

I have found them really good with last minute appointments, price and care. I have found a cheaper vet down near my parents, but no way near as nice as these guys.

One thing I didn't like, was she was reluctant to refer us to a derm for when our boy was suffering from dry flakey itchy skin. She wanted to start trying hills z/d to rule out food allergies etc. But once she saw I was becoming very upset watching my boy suffer, she printed off a referal right away.

I was just a little annoyed that she didn't give me one straight away, but anyway all turned out well.

But overall, I would give them a try. I have even seen the asian looking male vet before as well, and he was also very gentle informative etc.

I highly recommend Anvet at Kedron. As Huski said, they are lovely people. The two vets - Rod and Susan are compassionate and they take time to explain things to you. The vet nurses and receptionists are also very nice. I can't fault the care I have received from them and their prices are very reasonable.

That would be Anvet Kedron - lovely people :thumbsup: It's our local vet.

I also take the dogs for six monthly check ups/chiro work at Animal Options out at Ormeau - it is a further drive but SO SO worth it.

What does your vet do for the dogs check up Huski ? I'm asking because i'm taking my old girl in for a check up tomorrow and i'd like to compare what's done.

Do you get your dogs a blood test ?