Agility And Obedience

agreeable

can I do agility obedience dancing with dogs and stuff like that with a dog that is not a purebred?

Yep. Register it as an Associate with your State Canine Control. It has to be desexed though.

For non ANKC agility, I don't know what the requirements are but it doesn't have to be purebred.

Edited by poodlefan

In Qld you can register 2 dogs as associate dogs, but you need to register them at the same time.

You don't get a second chance to make a 'mistake'. (so much for rescues.)

ADAA the dogs just have to be physically sound and they can run.

Dumbest rule ever :love:

OMG! I have 2 dogs for agility. Rescued and not purebred. I do ADAA and now am rocking along in ANKC as well.

But as both my dogs are a bit older now a third dog has been a thought. I am stunned that in QLD you can only register 2. Does that mean you can register more but have to pay more? I am in NSW and have to call to see about paying for some titles so I can ask then.

From what "Agility Dogs" says about mistakes does that mean they are limiting the number of dogs to discourage people from having too many dogs not PB and wanting to do sports with them? So what about those who have 3 rescue dogs?

I hope NSW is different. I have just discovered agility and thought it was about training with your dog to achieve a special bond - didn't think it was about the breeding side of it at all.

Very dissappointed in ANKC rules if that is the case.

OMG! I have 2 dogs for agility. Rescued and not purebred. I do ADAA and now am rocking along in ANKC as well.

But as both my dogs are a bit older now a third dog has been a thought. I am stunned that in QLD you can only register 2. Does that mean you can register more but have to pay more? I am in NSW and have to call to see about paying for some titles so I can ask then.

From what "Agility Dogs" says about mistakes does that mean they are limiting the number of dogs to discourage people from having too many dogs not PB and wanting to do sports with them? So what about those who have 3 rescue dogs?

I hope NSW is different. I have just discovered agility and thought it was about training with your dog to achieve a special bond - didn't think it was about the breeding side of it at all.

There are no limits on the number of Associates you can have in NSW. Until recently you couldn't do obedience or agility AT ALL in Qld with an Associate so it is an improvement on times past.

Yep. I was being tounge in cheek about mistakes. Seriously - you are only allowed one go at registering dogs on the associate register and are only allowed a maximum of 2 dogs on the register at that point in time.

I have a friend with 3 rescue dogs and she can only trial 2 of them in ANKC/CCCQ events.

As Poodlefan says, it is an improvement, but not ideal. CCCQ is a bit more conservative than other states from what I can tell. They won't even acknowledge my dogs' flyball titles even though both are CCCQ registered and the AFA has an agreement with the ANKC. Go figure........

I can understand their reasoning, I'm just not sure it will achieve their goals.

ETA - there are ways around the rules. My OH can have dogs on the associate register or friends can have them too, but I can still handle them. ;) For me it is not an issue as I will only ever have pedigree or working register dogs from now on.

Edited by Agility Dogs