Help For Photoshop Dummy

Pugsley1

Hi

Was just wondering if anyone could help me.... I haven't used Photoshop before (just dabbled trying to work it out) :cry:

What is the easiest way to cut out a dog with a garden in the background (dog is a Pug so dark and light colours) and then I want to put the dog in a different background.... is this possible and has anyone got any docs/manual... or anything that I can follow as that may help me??

I have used the magic wand but it doesn't pick up everything as he is all different colours (dark/light) and I have tried the green line thing, but it keeps fading his outline too much??? :D I am sure it is just me.... as everyone else seems to know what they are doing :grouphug:

Many thanks to anyone that can help

masks! I looooovee masks! lol!

Open your chosen background pic, and the dog photo in PS, and drag the dog pic onto the background pic. It'll automatically become a layer ontop of the background then.

Then simply go to Layer/Add Layer Mask/Reveal All which will add a mask to your dog photo.

Then using the normal paintbrush use black to 'paint away' [effectively 'erase'] the background, and white to paint it back on if you make a mistake. Use varying different brush shapes/sizes etc to get the best result close up around the dog.

Easy and awesome.

I'm sure if you google it though, there'll be more in depth descriptions with screen shots to work from too! lol

So much depends on the background and the 'fuzziness' of the foreground object.

Diferrent foreground/background combinations call for difference treatments.

With a pug, I'd probably be creating a selection with the pen tool.

Post the image ;)