How Long Do You Need To Be Ankc Members

heroeswit

How long do you need to be a member of an ANKC body (dogs QLD) before you can get your breeders prefix? I will be importing my foundation bitch from europe. I'm not currently a member.

I don't think there is a waiting period.

But you do have to pass a "test"

You will need to be a member though.

So you could apply after you receive your number.

You might note that different states have different requirements for the 'test'

Hi,

If you want the dog registered into your name I strongly suggest that you become a member immediately. :cry:

How can the controlling body( possibly FCI) issue export certificates if you have no membership. :mad

The Dogs Queensland office has been closed due to the flood situation, but as soon it operational again, please go in, if it is possible for you to do so and speak to them about what you want to do.

They are most helpful and be able to give you all the details and forms that you may require.

Also don't dispose of any paperwork that you receive including quarantine release and freight documents as you will require them all for re registration.

How can the controlling body( possibly FCI) issue export certificates if you have no membership. :love:

Actually Oakway the originating registry doesn't care about your membership number, the dog is registered into a name and address. They don't recognise (or bother with) foreign membership numbers.

dwilds I suggest you sign up soon and make the most of an almost full year of membership. :rofl: You will need to be a member to register your import here, you will need their quarantine release paperwork, freight notes etc as well as the endorsed pedigree from the country of origin.

How can the controlling body( possibly FCI) issue export certificates if you have no membership. :laugh:

Actually Oakway the originating registry doesn't care about your membership number, the dog is registered into a name and address. They don't recognise (or bother with) foreign membership numbers.

dwilds I suggest you sign up soon and make the most of an almost full year of membership. :) You will need to be a member to register your import here, you will need their quarantine release paperwork, freight notes etc as well as the endorsed pedigree from the country of origin.

Sorry, I was always under the impression the said animal had to be transferred and an export certificate issued and as a member they would need your membership number.

My apologies to the original poster.

Anyway it would be a good thing to become a member as soon as possible. :)