Rash Around Groin Hind Legs?

PupPup

Hi guys

Hoping for some advice.

Just noticed my boy licking and pulling at the hair around the inner hind left leg, moving down towards his groin. Looks like a rash, fairly red. Doesn't seem to hurt when i touch it, he seems healthy overwise.

Could it be due to the heat/humidity? Had a bit of water around too from minor flooding but not much, something from that maybe?

What can i do to help him? I am going to take him to vet asap but in the mean time? I've put a cool face washer on the area hoping to relieve it a bit which he has stopped licking the area now.

Thanks in advance.

i have had something similar like a small rash but it was from walking in the bush so i was uncertain what had caused it, I had to clean it with what ever on hand maybe salt water and some betadine.

i have heard corn flower helps with grooming rashes or irritation.

Calendula Tea.

If this begins to resolve it you might not need the visit to the Vet.

I'm sorry Catherine.b .... I don't think I'd use salt water as it might sting and aggravate it, don't you think?

Edited by Erny

thanks for the suggestions, unfortunately I don't have any Calendula Tea or betadine!!!

Been searching the forum a bit also.

Lots on "hot spots" but don't think its them as they are more like sores aren't they?? This is more of a rash. I did see suggestions about bi-carb soda and water so have tried a very diluted version. He seems to have settled down a little, see how he is in morning.

Thanks all.

Been to vets first thing this morning who suggested its some kind of dermatitis, bought on more by the heat/water thats been around.

Got him a course of anitbiotics that should sort him out.

Off to clean the flooded shed out some more!