Tan Track - Botanical Gardens, Time Track Is Lit Til?

Isabel964

Where I live the streets are not lit real well. I don't know any parks that are lit so I take the dogs. I was wondering about taking them for some nights walks around the botanical Gardens Tan Track (in Melbourne).

Does someone know how long it takes to do one lap and how long the lights stay on around the track?

The Tan is 3.8kms, no idea how long it takes. There is quite a hill on Anderson St.

I am fairly sure the lights go out at midnight.

It is quite busy in the evening in summertime, lots of joggers,walkers and dog walkers.

Thanks. I was driving past it the day and realized it is very much an option. It's nice there, available at night, 3.8 km with a hill sounds perfect for exercise.

When I drove past I thought I saw a sign about the size of a parking sign, that said lights are on til midnight. But I only saw it briefly and was in a moving car.

I'm going to try it :laugh:

I take my dogs there at night but go into the park - much nicer for all of us! It isn't very crowded and there are lots of little paths for them to explore. It is one of their favourite places and Lucy whines with excitement when we arrive. The main gardens lock up at sun set (around 9pm nowadays).