Wyburn Hip Scoring Form

mirawee

I dropped my boy off to the vet for hip/elbow xrays this morning and vet asked me if I had the form. The last time I took a dog (a year ago, same clinic) the vet had them himself but this time he has run out.

I have been trying to ring Wyburn for the last hour with no luck to see if they can email me a copy.

So I figured my last port of call is DOL :eek: If someone has the latest copy (I know the fee went up 1 Jan) can you please email it to me. I will be eternally grateful :confused:

Edited to remove email :cry:

Edited by mirawee

I dropped my boy off to the vet for hip/elbow xrays this morning and vet asked me if I had the form. The last time I took a dog (a year ago, same clinic) the vet had them himself but this time he has run out.

I have been trying to ring Wyburn for the last hour with no luck to see if they can email me a copy.

So I figured my last port of call is DOL :eek: If someone has the latest copy (I know the fee went up 1 Jan) can you please email it to me at [email protected]. I will be eternally grateful :confused:

I have emailed the latest

I had my 2 at the vets last week for their xrays, and everything was sent via fax / email to Wyburn. My vet now does the digital xrays, but Wyburns equipment isn't "advanced" enough to understand it, so the vets had to change all the xray formats and resend. :thumbsup:

Wyburn then rang my vet and said he can no longer accept faxes of forms, so he had to email the new doc to the vet, and I had to go back and refill in the current form, and it had to be posted so he could sight the original.

My vet also received a phonecall / lecture from Wyburn about the fact that my 2 girls could be scored if I still wanted that to happen, but because of litter registration restrictions in Labradors, they still needed a scored male to be the sire to register the pups. :D :rofl: I don't know where all of this came from, but that is certainly nothing new in the labrador world. That rule is about 10 yrs old!

There weren't all these dramas when I last had it done 2-3 yrs ago. Maybe he just needs a holiday. ;)

Maybe he is getting too old. Also why would his prices go up so much? Particularly if he has not updated his equipment to read digital.

well being the best I guess he can do what he wants!!

I would pay ten fold for his services, he has always been extra helpful with my breed and my endless questions so I have no complaints!

Py [peanuts and all that1 His prices were very cheap last time I had xrays done maybe he has just caught up to what should be charged

I know of many members of the WCRC (West Coast Rottweiller Club) who have sent xrays in digital format to Wyburn for reading... not been a problem :)

PS: Wyburn recently had a month off on holiday so shouldn't need another just yet, he just needs to drink less wine :shrug:

Maybe he is getting too old. Also why would his prices go up so much? Particularly if he has not updated his equipment to read digital.

I was only charged an extra $4.50 to what it was 3 yrs ago. :)

I know of many members of the WCRC (West Coast Rottweiller Club) who have sent xrays in digital format to Wyburn for reading... not been a problem :)

PS: Wyburn recently had a month off on holiday so shouldn't need another just yet, he just needs to drink less wine :shrug:

Clarifying the digital bit - my vet sent them in "Diacom" format or something similar (I'm not up on all the technicalities), but he needs it in JPEG format. Apparently it took the vet about 3 hrs to figure out how to change it. :mad

:eat: at the wine comment!!

The scoring by Wyburn was the cheap bit. I nearly fell over when I got the bill for my 2 girls to be x-rayed. :eek::mad :D

:thumbsup: May I ask what it cost you Gn? I had a corgi done last week in WA and paid 242.54 for both hips and elbows, plus another $35.00 for the microchip.

Have sent the films off to Wyburn and a cheque for $120.00 as per the form they gave me at the Vet's - am hoping that it is a current one with the correct price.

So all up, $397.54 for one widdle dog.. :rolleyes:

Edited to add ;) for the wine comment too! Give the poor Prof a break, after all he DOES live in Margaret River. ;)

Edited by Turkey Trip