Sofala & Dist Show Society 27/2/2011

barly

Hi All,

Just wondering where abouts is the showground? I've google it and cant seem to find it exactly also when I goole the show it comes up with a different venue Sofala Rd? So where is it and just making sure is it a 9am start, no change because of weather etc.

Thanks in advance

Edited by barly

Barly,

If you are coming through Bathurst, it's on the left hand side just before you go into the village of Sofala. Once you are in the showground, you actually overlook Sofala. :laugh:

The dogs are tucked over in one corner, so it's good to get there early if you can.

Cheers

Barly,

If you are coming through Bathurst, it's on the left hand side just before you go into the village of Sofala. Once you are in the showground, you actually overlook Sofala. :laugh:

The dogs are tucked over in one corner, so it's good to get there early if you can.

Cheers

Thanks Ellie, we are coming from the Blue Mountains. Does that make any difference? Google told me to get off onto Castlereagh Hwy/roue 86 towards Mudgee, Than Goulburn-Iilford Rd. Is that right? Do you have street names?

Thanks

Google maps is telling me that Lithgow to Sofala is about 1 hour 17 minutes, so if you come that way and turn off at Ilford, it will bring you in the other way, which means that you will come down the winding road into Sofala, up the other side and will turn into the showground on your right. It's just up the hill, but don't think it has a street name.

I live in Bathurst and Sofala is about a 25-30 minute drive from Bathurst, so I don't know if it would be quicker for you to come through Bathurst or go through Lithgow, keep going on the Mudgee road and take the Ilford turnoff. :laugh:

Google maps is telling me that Lithgow to Sofala is about 1 hour 17 minutes, so if you come that way and turn off at Ilford, it will bring you in the other way, which means that you will come down the winding road into Sofala, up the other side and will turn into the showground on your right. It's just up the hill, but don't think it has a street name.

I live in Bathurst and Sofala is about a 25-30 minute drive from Bathurst, so I don't know if it would be quicker for you to come through Bathurst or go through Lithgow, keep going on the Mudgee road and take the Ilford turnoff. :laugh:

Thanks,

Is there any change to start times?