Registered Name Rules

Paptacular!

Hi all

Looking for a quick link that might tell me what words I can and can't use in a registered name.

Trying to fill in my litter reg form and can't find the info I'm looking for. I recall some of these words might be not allowed to be used, but I want to clarify: words like 'and', 'the', 'from', 'of'.

Thanks!

"of" and "the" are accepted on a regular basis :thumbsup:

"of" is NOT accepted in NSW!!!

A name being the same as any breeders prefix registered with Dogs NSW will not be accepted. A dog’s name may

not exceed 30 characters including spaces between words and the breeders prefix.

• The words ‘imp’, ‘champ’, ‘of’, ‘ie’, ‘vom’, ‘von’, ‘le’ or any numbers (e.g. I, IV) , cannot be used.

DogsNSW have an issue there, while the litter registration form says what you've quoted, the Regulations document for naming dogs doesn't list the same restrictions.

As far as the regulations say "of" is fine in Qld but there is a rule about not using other prefixes in the dogs name so you aren't supposed to have "prefix blah of <other prefix>" - but I've seen names that have gotten away with this.

DogsNSW have an issue there, while the litter registration form says what you've quoted, the Regulations document for naming dogs doesn't list the same restrictions.

As far as the regulations say "of" is fine in Qld but there is a rule about not using other prefixes in the dogs name so you aren't supposed to have "prefix blah of <other prefix>" - but I've seen names that have gotten away with this.

:rolleyes: :mad :D why does that not surprise me :thumbsup::):)

"of" and "the" are accepted on a regular basis :)

"of" is NOT accepted in NSW!!!

A name being the same as any breeders prefix registered with Dogs NSW will not be accepted. A dog’s name may

not exceed 30 characters including spaces between words and the breeders prefix.

• The words ‘imp’, ‘champ’, ‘of’, ‘ie’, ‘vom’, ‘von’, ‘le’ or any numbers (e.g. I, IV) , cannot be used.

Havesneeze "of" has been accepted in NSW