Dog Treadmill (rehabilitation Of German Shepherd)

Have you considered an underwater treadmill? Or would that not be suitable for this injury?

[/quote

Hi,

Yes the underwater treadmills are apparently good for this injury. I will take him to a dog rehabilitation place which has one, however

it is difficult getting time off from work during the day to take him there. I was hoping to hire a dog treadmill so that I could use at home with him.

Thanks,

-Angela

Have you considered an underwater treadmill? Or would that not be suitable for this injury?

Hi,

Yes the underwater treadmills are apparently good for this injury. I will take him to a dog rehabilitation place which has one, however

it is difficult getting time off from work during the day to take him there. I was hoping to hire a dog treadmill so that I could use at home with him.

Thanks,

-Angela

Yeah I know it is hard, I have a dog who has had patella surgery and who has hip displaxia. Do none open on weekends?

Also just swimming is good also, so if you have access to a swimming pool getting your dog in and just swimming it round and round is great exercise and really good for helping heal the injury. Otherwise you should be able to find somewhere in your area which offers dog hydrotherapy. I don't know where in Vic you are but if you are close enough to Digger's Rest there is a place called Kepala there that has a pool you can use for hydrotherapy, its heated etc.

6 or so months after my girl had her op she started limping again, they day after we had our first swimming session she had stopped limping. So now I just try to take her swimming as much as possible.

Edited by Keira&Phoenix