Britain’s Saddest Puppy Cheers Up!

My Dog Rosie

A feel good news item...and wow what a miraculous recovery!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13...g-new-home.html

She was branded Britain’s saddest puppy after she was abandoned by heartless owners and kicked out into the cold with a skin condition which left her close to death.

Rescue workers came close to giving up all hope for her recovery but Princess has now overcome the odds and has made a miraculous return to health.

Wagging her tail and bouncing through open fields, life is now a far cry from the days when she could only gaze longingly from a window.

The forlorn puppy made international headlines after she was discovered suffering from a condition which made her skin so delicate that she could not go outside in any weather.

Even a warm jacket would irritate her beyond endurance.

At just six months old, she was pictured sitting in a cardboard box with a horrific case of mange which left her completely hairless.

Her heart-melting face laid bare the appalling levels of neglect and abuse she suffered at the hands of her owners.

Staff who took her in, at Bleakholt Animal Sanctuary, near Edenfield, Lancashire, feared the harsh winter weather would kill her and rescue workers said a course of drugs, costing a five-figure sum, was her only hope of survival.

But donations flooded in and now, only two months on, Princess has made a remarkable recovery.

She now looks the picture of health as she bounds about with other dogs, enjoying rough and tumble play with a shiny new coat.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13...l#ixzz1FcKSPbA3

A feel good news item...and wow what a miraculous recovery!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13...g-new-home.html

She was branded Britain’s saddest puppy after she was abandoned by heartless owners and kicked out into the cold with a skin condition which left her close to death.

Rescue workers came close to giving up all hope for her recovery but Princess has now overcome the odds and has made a miraculous return to health.

Wagging her tail and bouncing through open fields, life is now a far cry from the days when she could only gaze longingly from a window.

The forlorn puppy made international headlines after she was discovered suffering from a condition which made her skin so delicate that she could not go outside in any weather.

Even a warm jacket would irritate her beyond endurance.

At just six months old, she was pictured sitting in a cardboard box with a horrific case of mange which left her completely hairless.

Her heart-melting face laid bare the appalling levels of neglect and abuse she suffered at the hands of her owners.

Staff who took her in, at Bleakholt Animal Sanctuary, near Edenfield, Lancashire, feared the harsh winter weather would kill her and rescue workers said a course of drugs, costing a five-figure sum, was her only hope of survival.

But donations flooded in and now, only two months on, Princess has made a remarkable recovery.

She now looks the picture of health as she bounds about with other dogs, enjoying rough and tumble play with a shiny new coat.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13...l#ixzz1FcKSPbA3

OMG that is horrendous. Those pictures of her at her worst make me sick to my stomach what sick, twisted, horrible people could do that to such a sweet little thing.

She looks so much like my pupper Phoenix (see my sig, obviously their coat colours are different) that its all the more heart breaking because I can almost imagine its her. I just can't get those images out of my head.

I don't think she is BT x Greyhound, I would lean more towards an Amstaff X or a Stafford X (she is honestly that similar to my girl, that is definitely a Stafford head!)

So glad they nursed her back to health and she will soon find a forever home!

Edited by Keira&Phoenix

A five figure sum for mange treatment :D

Glad the pup is well now, but I can understand why the owners didnt seek treatment costing between 10,000 and 99,000 pounds!!!!

Yes Bitty but had the owners treated the mange as soon as it appeared rather than allowing the dog to get into such a state it would not have cost so much, so they just couldn't be bothered or could not afford the initial treatment hoped it would clear up and when it didn't dumped the dog. There are NO excuses for this.

My dog got Demodex when it was 4 months old, I treated it immediately it cost me around $800 over a 10 week period. If I had left her this is what she would have looked like but I didn't and yes it cost $800 but spread out over the time it was affordable and the treatment worked.