When To Stop Mum's Milk

Tigey

See if you can find one of those doughnut-shaped puppy feeding bowls. You'll be amazed how much cleaner the puppies stay . . .and how cute they look making a big ring around the bowl. You might need two such bowls by the time they get to 8 weeks.

they are mastiff/rottweiler/bullmastiff. i posted in the breeder forums about 4 weeks ago for advice.

i think they were slurping rather than lapping at 2 weeks. but boy do they make a mess :laugh: they're so eager, they get covered in it. they climb in the bowl and then climb over each other, making it worse. thats why i hope they'll munch on the hydrated kibble.

we have them in a puppy pen in the lounge during the day and a puppy pen in the bedroom at night to contain the mess. so maybe better to let them roam free in the lounge so they have better access to mum? i give batches of 4-5 during the day to mum for about 30 mins at a time. we were planning to put the 2 pens together and keep them on the back patio shaded by tarp after that so they could go to the toilet on the grass. that's how our mastiff was raised and it was a breeze toilet training him when we took him home