All Wormers

Guest english.ivy

Guest english.ivy

So I'm buying the four dogs in my pack a single all wormer but I'm not sure which is best. I know which is cheaper!

I had a quote from the vet and to do all four is just over $60 and to buy them online it will cost me half of that, well it will cost me about $40.

Is the quality the same or is the product from the vet clinic a better buy for your money?

I've always just used the Drontal ones for my two but they are too expensive for all four. Sorry about all the worming questions, just giving it some thought this time around :)

I'm buying a tablet that does heartworm only aswell as I don't want one that treats for everything. But I'm sorted on the heartworm side of things.

Guest english.ivy

No not wound up, just have spare time on my hands and want to get my moneys worth I guess and not just buy the first product I find.

I've never had to buy products for four dogs, three being over 30kg and it's really quite expensive. I don't have money to throw around but I'm still trying to be a good dog owner and not throw in the towel and say screw it and not treat them as a precaution because it's too expensive.

Isn't what posting on here is about, getting other peoples opinions?

You seem very wound up about dog wormers - have you had a fecal count done and found out if they even have worms?

:) How do you figure that? She's just asking a question....stop looking for something that isn't there.

No not wound up, just have spare time on my hands and want to get my moneys worth I guess and not just buy the first product I find.

I've never had to buy products for four dogs, three being over 30kg and it's really quite expensive. I don't have money to throw around but I'm still trying to be a good dog owner and not throw in the towel and say screw it and not treat them as a precaution because it's too expensive.

Isn't what posting on here is about, getting other peoples opinions?

Yes, ignore the firestarters.

screw it and not treat them as a precaution because it's too expensive.

You don't treat with intestinal wormers as a precaution - they only work against worms the dog actually has at the time. Why not find out if they actually have anything to treat before you even start?

Heartworm, totally different story. I use dimmitrol monthly chews and find them very cost effective (up to 20kg version for my 5)

Guest english.ivy

This is why I ask a million and one stupid questions .. better to ask than to not know!

I didn't know that about wormers. Everything I've heard over the years is that you worm to stop them getting worms. They [vets, tele etc etc] ground it in your head that you need to worm them every three or so months?

Ahh I'm confused! I'd much prefer not to worm them at all [i'm very anti chemicals when not required] but I always want to do the best by my dogs.

Think I'm going to have to try and google some information this evening before I go buy anything.

Many people regularly worm their dogs. They're not being paranoid. It is very costly to regularly do a worm burden count.

$25 for a fecal count here, way cheaper than filling up dogs with unnecessary chemicals and the results for the last 3 tests have all shown they would have been unnecessary chemicals.

Guest english.ivy
Many people regularly worm their dogs. They're not being paranoid. It is very costly to regularly do a worm burden count.

Which I gather is a lot more expensive than just worming them with an all wormer.

I don't like lots of chemicals either. I don't use flea prevention and they get vaccinated for parvo every 3 years only. I worm regularly for hyatid as my dogs get some raw food and they eat possum poo. Given that hyatid is deadly (and can be for humans too) I don't count it as unnecessary chemicals.

Nothing wrong with a generic, but as with anything, check it covers everything you want.

For our cost conscious customers, we sell individual Wormex tables (covers 11 intestinals) and at $2.95 per 10kg tablet, it provides an affordable alternative (particular for those with big dogs or several dogs).

Sags

:)

Yes, I worm monthly for the same reason, and also for sheep measles (another type of tapeworm) as I train my dog on farm land, and the farmers don't want to find cysts in their lambs at slaughter from my dog's poop! I use Drontal (contains Praziquantel).

You'll have to compare ingredients between the vet & the online store wormer to see if you're getting the same medication or a different one for the cheaper price.

Guest english.ivy

Cool thanks for the replies .. the link I posted in my first thread covers 11 intestional worms, including hyatid so I think I'll just go with that. Which is from an online store [where I always buy my heart worm meds from]

I'll work it out :)

most intestinal all womers are about the same, if they are listed as all womers, but if you are unsure, look at the ingredients listed on the ones you get from the vet and then check against the ingredients in the ones you are buying online and buy ones with the same.

where do you get your fecal counts done and do they do counts for all species? (the dpi counts for horses and cattle only do some species)